Saffron ~ Tricolor Hognose, L. pulcher. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Hognose Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-19-2014, 11:31 PM   #1
Charis
Saffron ~ Tricolor Hognose, L. pulcher.

Imported all the way from the Czech Republic, she is het hypo erythristic. She's the same size Niska was when we got him, hard to believe he was ever that small! Pictures are terrible, just some quick snaps before leaving her to get settled in.
Looks like she might be starting to go blue.

Now you see me,

Now you don't!

Old 12-23-2014, 04:47 PM   #2
Phil Bradley
Do you have a wait list for tri colors?

Old 12-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #3
Charis
Not an official wait list, I suppose with as many people as I've had ask about them, we should start one. Going to be 2 to 3 years before we will have any for sale, if everything goes well. Some local friends of ours were the ones who imported these guys in and were nice enough to let us add a female to their order, since they knew we'd been searching for one. They also got a 1.1 pair that are het hypo erythristic, so between us we have 2.2 of them, our male is not het for anything though.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:26 PM   #4
gila7150
Congrats Amanda! I've always been fond of these guys.

Old 12-23-2014, 10:40 PM   #5
Charis
Thanks! We are pretty jazzed!
They are really cool little snakes, we've used Niska as an educational ambassador snake and he is great at it, nearly everyone loves the little shovel nose and he's a super chill snake, doesn't get upset being handled by the hesitant at all.

Old 12-27-2014, 03:56 PM   #6
Charis
I don't normally post feeding shots but here is Saffron attempting to eat her second washed pinky. She had been eating tuna scented for the breeder but has been taking washed F/T from me. Will probably try a regular F/T next time.

After she digests this meal, I need to get her out for a real photo shoot!

Took awhile but finally found the right end.

Sorry for the gore.

Old 01-04-2015, 04:06 PM   #7
Charis
Finally did a real photo shoot with this girl, up until my camera died, anyway. Just as I was getting warmed up too! Oh, well, got a few good ones.

Finally starting to get the hang of it here.

Best one of the lot. Camera died a second after taking this one, was so happy it did finish getting this shot, I couldn't tell right off if it had or not.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:25 PM   #8
Charis
Taken outdoors 4/21/15.
Was having a really hard time getting the camera to focus right little worried our camera is getting glitchy.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:27 PM   #9
Charis

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!