Chris Jackson - BallxBorneo Inquiry - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-21-2005, 10:48 PM   #11
dzoo
Borneos

Don't waste you money - just get a Pure Borneo Blood (Short Tailed Python) - They are great snakes (captive bred specimens) calm , reluctant to bite (other than at feeding time ) , beautiful and big - but not unmanageable. Crossing with a Ball is uneccesary, they're already great snakes!

Old 01-22-2005, 12:25 AM   #12
ravensgait
Weather you like em or not

They are really nice looking, I found that site a while back while doing a search for bloods. I'm sort of in the middle on whether hybrids are a good thing or not. When you think about it look at the selective breeding we do with our snakes. Besides Hybrids happen in the wild in many different species. Randy Mackey

Old 01-22-2005, 02:39 AM   #13
DejaGirl
Very kewl snakes! I don't mind the crossbreeding, as I am sure it's happened in the past in order to have such a vast selection of animals in the animal kingdom. As I have studied previously, it is a thoery that Neanderthol man crossbred with Homo sapiens to produce modern humans. (I hope I got that right.)

I understand completely the whole controversial talk about hybrids, but I'm open to all possibilities and love to engage in a challenging task. I think they are very interesting, however, with all the morphs available I think some of us who truly enjoy the hobby should stop for a bit, and think of the true beauty a "normal" phase animal really posseses. Humans, unfortunately, must always intervene with nature in order to achieve what we have set our minds to.

Will we ever be completely satisfied with the beauty of a "normal" animal? Or must we continue to expand to new horizons just to see what "new" color we'll produce? Where do we stop? Is it at hand's reach?

Old 01-22-2005, 03:09 AM   #14
KelliH
I just wanted to say that Chris Jackson is a top notch fellow to deal with. He has made some purchases from us in the past and also I have had some really great phone conversations with him. I would buy from him in a heartbeat if he had what I wanted. Just a really, really nice man.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!