In Memory of my son Christopher. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-14-2007, 10:57 PM   #1
royalkreationz
In Memory of my son Christopher.

On January 13, 2007, my son who was injured in a wreck while my father in law was driving passed away. His injuries were all head trauma, so we were able to donate his organs. Today, we wen to the local Life Gift Organ Donation Center and had our picture taken to be one of the 12 families featured in their 2008 calendar. It was a great honor that Christopher's story was so special and touching to them that they wanted everyone to know it. My wife and I are going to begin volunteering next year with them to increase awareness about organ donation. I will post information about how to get the calendar when I know.

Christopher's heart went to an 18 month old girl in California, his liver went to an 11 month old boy in Dallas, and two men in Texas received his kidneys. All transplants were successful and the recipients are home doing well.

This post is not looking to make people feel sad or loooking for sympathy. We are using his memory and story to promote the positives of organ donation.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:27 AM   #2
99Vengeur
I don't want to take away from your message, but you might get more traffic if this had been posted in a more general forum and not the ball python discussion forum.

My condolences for the loss of your son.
Robert Charvat

Old 10-15-2007, 10:36 AM   #3
99Vengeur
I apologize for my last post. I found it posted elsewhere as well. Please disregard the post.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:33 PM   #4
TIBOR PAPP
So sorry for your loss..has got to be one of the hardest parts of life.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:01 PM   #5
Savriti
My condolances to your family for your loss.
It is great to hear you donated his organs to help others and that you are going to volunteer. I speak from experience. I myself had to have a kidney transplant 3 years ago this December 10th.

David Edmonds

Old 10-15-2007, 11:33 PM   #6
darkbloodwyvern
Unhappy :(

It is wonderful that your family was able to help so many young people in such a tragic time. It is so awful that you lost Christopher, but I am happy that other families will get to have more time with their loved ones because of his passing. I hope you can continue to help spread the word, it's a great thing to have a donor card.

Best Wishes,
~jessi

Old 10-16-2007, 05:19 AM   #7
Pink Lady Exotics
Organ donation is an amazing thing. I'm so sorry for the loss of your son...I can't imagine losing my daughter. Even saying those words hurts my heart and scares me beyond anything else. But your son did not die in vain -- in death, he gave others life where they may have had no other chance. That is the greatest gift he could have ever given anyone. As a parent, I know you must hurt every day that he isn't with you -- and it is wonderful that you're turning that pain into something positive to help others and increase awareness for a cause that is often overlooked and not known about. I for one am an organ donor and a brain donor for scientific research. I would do the same for my daughter. Thank you for sharing with us.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:30 PM   #8
dprince
I am so sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing an inspriational story. Your son's memory will live on because of your generosity.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:28 PM   #9
KelliH
Jody, I am very sorry that you lost your son. Organ donation is one of the most giving and generous things a person can do for another. When my son died we chose organ donation as well, and I know that is what he would have wanted.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:43 AM   #10
Liberty Reptiles
Thanks

Jody, I'm sorry to hear about your son...my son suffered severe head trauma from a motorcycle crash in July and still has not really woken up. Your outcome puts things in perspective for me...it could always be worse. Thanks, Dale

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!