How to ship an adult Panther cham? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 05-15-2006, 10:41 PM   #1
YJHB
How to ship an adult Panther cham?

I read an excellent post that described appropriate shipping of reptiles in detail...can't find it again to be able to name it but what a great post. I'll be using every suggestion.

I'm shipping a live adult panther cham from PA to IN. Since these are arboreal, I'm wondering if it would be appropriate to ship him on a branch or vine...any input would be so appreciated.

Old 05-16-2006, 07:53 AM   #2
YJHB
Wow, not a single response. I guess the question wasn't appropriate for this venue - I'll ask again in the chameleons section.

Old 05-29-2006, 02:32 AM   #3
Milwaukee Reptiles
The one time I shipped a Panther I used a large tuperware container (like the bowls) and filled it with paper towel. I would be afraid of using anything too strong in there in case it hit him during shipping. It might not have been the most comfortable for him, but he got there without problems.

Old 05-29-2006, 09:18 AM   #4
The BoidSmith
For difficult to ship, prehensile or climbing animals we have used plastic vines (very inexpensive in WalMart or similar department stores) coiled inside the deli. They will not move around and will give plenty of places for the animal to get a hold of. Hope this helps.

Regards.

Old 05-29-2006, 10:31 PM   #5
YJHB
I did ship him, and managed to get him there safely! I used a new, fair size plastic pitcher and a branch. I wedged the branch in there with the end sticking out the spout, then taped it to the outside of the pitcher so it couldn't move. Charlie got there fine, what a relief!!! Thank you for your help, Brian and Dan...what a tough thing to do. I shipped him via UPS, and I could hear him fighting his container in the box... he did arrive fine though. I put a picture of him on the outside of the box, and I think they were extra careful with his package. He arrived with not so much as a bruise.

Old 05-29-2006, 10:58 PM   #6
Milwaukee Reptiles
Glad to hear he got there safely. Sorry I didn't see this thread any sooner!

Old 05-30-2006, 08:15 PM   #7
YJHB
Gosh, no apologies necessary...thank you so much for your kind responses. I was wondering why no responses, I was afraid I'd said something wrong in some earlier post, and now I was doomed to be a leper or something!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!