Inquiry Snakes at Sunset - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-08-2016, 10:38 AM   #111
BeauBoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltGunn View Post
Have you received your check yet?
Nope, sure haven't seen it yet Elexis. And I had emailed Mike politely, asking about it too. He stated it was put into the mail on the 30th. So...

As for better photos, How much better do y'all want? I'll even take photos of the snake while it sits in my hand if that's what you want. And, the snake has been refusing to eat for a month now. Mike has known this, has informed Cheyenne that during breeding season even the baby snakes will behave this way. But my BEL from Xyz Reptiles doesn't. He gobbles anything put in front of him. Same with the Pied, OG, Normal and Spider I own. Only the Pastave has been refusing food for awhile now.(Mike has known this too. Cheyenne emailed him about it.)

It's unfortunate, she hasn't received her check, this snake is probably going to starve itself to death as well. And, my daughter is going to be bitter about the experience.

Thanks Mike Barrera. You're one Peach of a guy.
~Tina Abrahamson
In fairness (and I could be wrong), but I believe he did say to expect the check in 7-10 business days.
He is correct about balls refusing food this time of year. Though some happily eat with out a pause, many go 3 months without eating and it doesn't kill them.
In any case, I would think you would be happy about taking a break from feeding him, since you were complaining that the cost of feed was breaking you.
Also, have you checked with your daughter to see if maybe she got the check and didn't tell you? There seems to be a breakdown in communication between you two, so that might be it...
~Beau

Old 02-08-2016, 10:42 AM   #112
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltGunn View Post
And, the snake has been refusing to eat for a month now.

this snake is probably going to starve itself to death as well. And, my daughter is going to be bitter about the experience.
This has absolutely nothing to do with the breeder. I've purchased a dozen snakes from the same breeder and had 11 eat and 1 not. Ball pythons are known for being picky. Have you tried feeding rats vs mice? Frozen/thawed vs live? I'm guessing not. Do not blame your inexperience on working with these animals on the person you got it from, if it's not eating then there is most likely something wrong with your husbandry.

Old 02-08-2016, 12:52 PM   #113
Snakesatsunset
I cut the check on the 30th, postman comes in every coupe days if he has something to deliver, if he doesn't, he does not come in. All I know is he picked it up a bit ago. We don't have a mailbox. Cheyenne Should have it shortly.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!