New Owner with LOTS of questions! - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-26-2008, 07:02 PM   #71
Minimom
The tiles are a great idea! Thanks, guess we'll wait on the sand then. He has his beard starting to really show now. My other son is really wanting us to get him a "friend" but I know we'll need to know his sex first. Does anyone know the rule about if a female can live with a male, etc.?

Old 01-26-2008, 07:07 PM   #72
Cat_72
Some will recommend keeping them separate, but I have found that as a rule, a male and female, or 2 females (better, of course, then there is not the stress of unwanted breeding) can live together just fine, provided that they are of the SAME size, and have plenty of room. 2 males may live together fine as younguns, but will NOT once they reach maturity.
That said, Beardies are just like us humans, as there can always be the case of 2 animals whose personalities just don't mesh, and they simply will not like each other or get along, for no apparent reason.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:10 AM   #73
bullfrog100000
You can see if the show allows you to bring your own animals, and if so take Giz with you and have him/her sexed. Then you'll know what to get. Sounds like you'd be ok with getting a female either way. The only worry is you don't want a female to get pregnant before they are of a certain weight (350 grams or so) because they can become eggbound.
I like the tile idea too... need to check that out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!