Info Boas and Balls - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:35 AM   #11
Celtic Constrictors
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigos-r-us View Post
I was really commenting on the fact they have made a contribution locally in the Denver area with putting on the Rocky Mt. Reptile show.
I don't see how this is relevant. Terrible people are capable of great feats. For instance, here is a list of things Hitler accomplished for his nation/the world. (I am in no way implying the owners of Boas and Balls are anything like Hitler this is just a reference).

"He banned the vivisection of animals. He made animal conservation laws. He rallied people against Tobacco, he was a lead spokesperson in the Anti-Tobacco movement. Germany had extraordinary welfare programs under Hitler, one of the largest in the world. He ordered the creation of the Volkswagen which was really cheap yet very formidable, every German could afford a really nice running car. He created the autobahn, the Autobahn is now commonly known around the world as the Interstate Highway System, which was nothing but a name change by Eisenhower after World War 2. The Nazis were 50 years in front of the Americans and Russians in relation to the creation of rockets and jet engines, without POW German Scientists and Operation Paperclip America would have never got to the Moon. Germany advanced the film industry during Hitler, the quality of German films at the time were extraordinary compared to any others. Fashion, have you ever seen those SS uniforms? The Nazis may have lost WW2 but they'd beat anyone on a runway, they put great emphasis on fashion. The medical advances made by the Nazis were unreal, of course this included experimentation but it lead to the saving of many lives. "

Anyone who is capable of letting their animals suffer to this degree IS a terrible person without a doubt.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:19 PM   #12
indigos-r-us
Yes there have been studies that prove rat’s setup in crowded conditions are stressed and have high levels of stress hormones. Since rats are one of the smartest rodents the learn quickly to learn various tests presented. However a stressed rat is visibly stressed and does not learn nearly as quickly as rats that were kept in the "rat hotel". An enclosure not crowded, many levels, lots of toys to keep them from getting bored etc. Their cognitive abilities were almost twice what the stressed rats were. Fortunately the rats eventually got moved to non-stressed conditions and they recovered their functions. I would never feed a live rat unless it cannot be absolutely necessary if a snake will just not eat anything else. A rat will feel fear of dying that you can see visibly. The same with a rabbit. I do not feed any that have not been put down by responsible breeders that use CO2 to dispatch their animals. As far as someone feeding a kitten or puppy I draw the line. I would not tolerate that. I love these creatures so much that we have adopted 2 cats. 1 that was due to be euthanized at a kill shelter and rescued by a group that does that. The other was a spoiled little rascal that had "foster parents". We work with the SPCA shelter here in Longmont and no pet left behind. I don't care if they are feral, euthanized is far more humane than being fed to a snake. I would fight to protect them. I heard that a guy in Louisiana was going to a shelter and pretending to adopt pets from several in the area and feeding them as cheap food. He was eventually busted for cruelty to animals, had his reptiles confiscated and fined. I heard he even spent jail time although I could not confirm that. Good riddance.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!