Bad Guy Gotfatbob. paid for tort he never sent. gotfatbob@hotmal.com - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-11-2014, 12:27 AM   #1
Ectothermicfauna
Gotfatbob. paid for tort he never sent. gotfatbob@hotmal.com

My name is April Linkfield.

Email address ectothermicfauna@live.com

This post is a bad guy claim on gotfatbob@hotmail.com, name shows up under that email address as Warayot Nanakornpanom.

So I was browsing and saw a post for a good guy claim for "gotfatbob" and remembered that I never actually told the story of my transaction with this person.

The short version is that I saw an ad on kingsnake for a female pancake tortoise for 200 shipped. So we talked and I paypal'd him the money. he then jacked me around for a month one excuse after another after another etc.. etc... he never sent anything, and never returned the money i sent. After a while of asking hey... wheres the tortoise? every 5 days I realized I was being scammed. I tried to recup the cost with paypal but he drug me along just long enough to where I couldnt make the claim (46 days). Dont send this guy any money and expect anything to show up in return, It wont. That's my experience.

Heres the full text from the beginning along with the paypal transaction ID# that verified he received the payment.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 06/13/2013 12:48 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: gotfatbob@hotmail.com
Subject: Message about: Young Pancake Tortoise from ectothermicfauna@live.com

NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Kingsnake.com Classifieds.
It appears to be from ectothermicfauna@live.com. To respond to this email please just click REPLY.
If you feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it to classifieds@pethobbyist.com.
NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive legitimate messages from Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be compromised

Nice tortoise there. Ill take it. do you accept paypal?
----------------------------------------------
Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
location window) the URL below to view the ad that
this message is in response to.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=988832&cat=50

----- Reply message -----
To: <ectothermicfauna@live.com>
Date: Thu, Jun 13, 2013 1:04 pm

Yes I take paypal. Where do you live?

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® II, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Date: 06/13/2013 8:44 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: gotfatbob <gotfatbob@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Message about: Young Pancake Tortoise from ectothermicfauna@live.com

Soldotna, AK 99669

Sent from my HTC

To: "April Linkfield" <ectothermicfauna@live.com>
Date: Thu, Jun 13, 2013 5:33 pm

ok send payment my paypal gotfatbob@hotmail.com

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® II, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

_____ paypal info here----------------

Transaction Details

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 6J404385R7082860N)

Original Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
Jun 13, 2013 Payment For Warayot Nanakornpanom Completed ... -$200.00 USD

Sent to:
Warayot Nanakornpanom (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email: gotfatbob@hotmail.com
Amount sent: -$200.00 USD

Date:
Jun 13, 2013
Time:
18:58:46 PDT
Completed

Subject:
You have sent $200.00 USD to Warayot Nanakornpanom with PayPal
Note:
for the pancake tortoise

_______Im going to cut out some of the extras (sent via phone etc) here to make this easier to read-----------------------

Sent: Thu 6/13/13 5:59 PM
To: gotfatbob (gotfatbob@hotmail.com)

got it sent over please confirm receipt

Sent: Thu 6/13/13 6:52 PM

Just realized i didnt give u a shipping address. The weather is great where i am this week, so if you'd like to ship monday for tuesday delivery that would work for me. id like to pick it up at the hub to keep it off the trucks, and this may lessen the shipping cost for you as well.

The address depends on what carrier youre using for fedex it is

Fedex hub
April Linkfield 907 ###-####
427 N Willow ST
Kenai, AK 99611

For ups its done like this:

UPS hub
April Linkfield (907 ###-####)
330 Main ST Loop
Kenai, AK 99611

Please feel free to contact me here or at my phone number if you prefer with any questions.

Sent: Thu 6/13/13 6:59 PM
To: April Linkfield (ectothermicfauna@live.com)

I shipping by FedEx overnight

Sent: Thu 6/13/13 7:17 PM

Oh good, the address then is

Hold at fedex hub for
April Linkfield (907 ###=####)
427 n willow st
kenai, AK 99611

weather is good and warm, let me know when you will ship so i can be present to receive the box when it comes in. Thanks

__________________________________________________ ___

Sent: Thu 6/13/13 8:42 PM

you live in Alaska? Im not sure about shipping cost?
__________________________________________________ ___

Sent: Thu 6/13/13 11:01 PM

Yeah Soldotna AK 99669 is alaska, and 99611 is kenai AK. AK is Alaska, but its waaaay southern alaska, i can ferry to seattle from where i am. Sometimes the shipping runs $15 or so more, and sometimes it doesn't cost anything extra at all. Its practically impossible for me to determine which it would be for you without knowing where you are and what you have worked out with your carrier. But if its a little extra i dont mind paying the difference, let me know.
__________________________________________________ _______

Sent: Fri 6/14/13 6:19 AM
To: ectothermicfauna@live.com

Ok I will let you know

__________________________________________________ _______

Sent: Fri 6/14/13 10:40 PM

hello again, i was just wondering what day we were planing to ship so that i can schedule receiving it. thanks.

two days pass no response

Sent: Sun 6/16/13 3:53 PM

Hi, I was just wondering if I was going to need to send you any more money to cover the shipping. I noticed that paypal has already taken the $200 funds from my bank account to send to you and I haven't heard from you since friday about whether or not I will need to send you any more or what day the shipping will be. Let me know. Thanks.

Sent: Sun 6/16/13 4:12 PM

I will check with fedex tomorrow. Because I never shipped to Alaska before. I'll let you know

Sent: Mon 6/17/13 9:21 PM

Please confirm exact address again. Because fedex can't find your address

Sent: Mon 6/17/13 11:31 PM

The address is

Hold at fedex hub for
April Linkfield 907-741-1479
427 N willow ST
Kenai, AK 99611

Thats odd they cant find it. figure they should be able to find it since its their own hub.

if you prefer you could send directly to me.

April Linkfield 907 XXX-XXXX
XXXXaddressXXXXX
soldotna, AK 99669.

two more days pass

Sent: Wed 6/19/13 3:23 PM

I will find out with fedex tomorrow. Thank you for your patience

Sent: Mon 6/24/13 7:29 AM

Anything new? (Its been five days since ive heard from you.)

( 3 days later still nothing)
Sent: Thu 6/27/13 3:01 PM

Just checking in about the tortoise. Would like to know where we are with getting it shipped and whatnot. Thanks.

Sent: Sun 6/30/13 4:32 PM

Hi, I haven't heard from you now in 11 days. I paid for this animal 17 days ago... I understand that you may be busy or whatnot, but i do believe that I have been very patient with this. I just want to know where we are here. This is the third email ive sent asking for an update on the status of this. Im starting to feel like i may never see this animal i paid for, so If I havent heard from you by the 8th I will be forced to just open a paypal claim against you. I dont want to do that, but If that is what i have to do in order to move forward then I am prepared to do so. Please get back to me as soon as you receive this. Thanks.

five days pass no response
Sent: Fri 7/05/13 1:23 AM
To: gotfatbob@hotmail.com (gotfatbob@hotmail.com)

Just a friendly reminder that i still havent heard from you about the status of the pancake tortoise. I will be opening a paypal claim here on monday if I still havent heard from you by then. Hope to get this resolved quickly. Thanks.

Sent: Fri 7/05/13 9:34 AM

So sorry April. I've been very in last two week. I will try to shipping out to you next week. I'm so apologize

Sent: Mon 7/08/13 6:30 AM

Shipping will cost $84 by Fedex overnight

Sent: Mon 7/08/13 7:22 AM
To: Warayot Nanakornpanom (gotfatbob@hotmail.com)

Wow thats definitely the highest quote ive ever seen. How much of that would u like me to send you in order to get this animal sent? in fairness, the ad said 200 shipped, and i paid 200, but since i offered to pay a little extra for the shipping and im trying to be reasonable let me know how much you think is fair.

No response again, so i send this one

Sent: Mon 7/08/13 10:42 AM

tell ya what, when i run the numbers from boca raton florida (farthest away from me in the country) to here on fedex's website i get 65. from florida to washington i get $45. thats only a $20 difference like I said it would be. Since this tortoise was supposed to be 200 "shipped" I dont think its fair I should pay the entire 85 ontop of the 200 i paid... a month ago, but since i think 85 is pretty steep for you to have to pay from that 200 I sent i will pay you an another $45. thats more than half of the shipping cost and twice what i originally agreed to pay extra in this event. sound fair?

another 4 days pass no response

Sent: Fri 7/12/13 1:21 PM

Hi, today is friday the end of another week. havent heard from you since monday. are we going to come to an agreement here on the shipping? Are you just ignoring me?

6 days later still getting no response. I notice the same user has posted another kingsnake ad for what looks to be the same tortoise. so i reply to the ad with this.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 07/18/2013 3:44 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: gotfatbob@hotmail.com
Subject: Message about: pancake tortoise from ectothermicfauna@live.com

NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Kingsnake.com Classifieds.
It appears to be from ectothermicfauna@live.com. To respond to this email please just click REPLY.
If you feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it to classifieds@pethobbyist.com.
NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive legitimate messages from Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be compromised

Hi there, Im still waiting on that pancake tortoise to be sent. Would be nice if you would get back to me on that. If that tortoise is not physically in my posession by the 26th on this month (thats 43 days post paying you for it). I Will be reporting you to kignsnake (see complaints/ ripoffs page), making a fraud post on faunaclassifieds board of inquiry with your name, paypal address, email address, our correspondence so that other people will be able to see how you took my money and never sent the animal, and reclaiming the funds I sent you through paypal. if you would like to avoid all that and the potential loss of business that would follow, please send me a valid tracking number and date for the shipment as soon as possible. thank you.

----------------------------------------------
Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
location window) the URL below to view the ad that
this message is in response to.

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.p...000351&cat=136

He responds back with this.
Sent: Thu 7/18/13 11:33 AM

I will ship out on Tuesday to you

Sent: Thu 7/25/13 11:25 AM

So its thursday, still no tortoise here. No tracking number for the shipment, no commuication from you. So I will give you untill midnight to refund the money I sent. when I wake up in the morning if its not there, I will just have to open the claim to have paypal take it back from you. I paid for that tortoise 45 days ago. I paid for the shipping even though it was supposed to be included in the purchase price. I have given you multiple ways to contact me, and offered every solution to resolve this. I have given you every chance possible to do the right thing here. At this point I dont believe you even have this tortoise and you are just scamming people out of their money.

__________________________________________________ _
He never wrote back. Never refunded the money. paypal wouldnt process my claim. Its been over a year. He never once attempted to make it right. He got away with it free & clear.

So thats my story. I fell for the oldest trick in the book. Everyone gets scammed once i think. This was mine. Pretty embarrassing for me really & I completely forgot about it untill I saw someone claim this person as a "good guy". In my opinion, which is based on my experience, the words "thief or scammer" come to mind loong before "deserving of a BOI good guy certification". Of course its up to you the reader to decide whether you want to risk having this happen to you or not, all im saying is this is what he did to me and i'd hate to see it happen to you.

He is of course free to make it right with me, however that is highly unlikely im sure.

Old 11-11-2014, 12:42 PM   #2
scosta56
Send him a link to this thread. I'm curious what he has to say.

Old 11-11-2014, 02:29 PM   #3
Snakepliscan
It's a shame paypal only gives you a 30 day window to file a complaint. Probably why the seller played cat and mouse with you so you couldn't file a charge back with paypal. Did you pay him through paypal with a credit card? If so you could file a complaint with your credit card company against paypal?

Old 11-11-2014, 07:05 PM   #4
Brandonmarsh29
Its people like him make it really hard to pull the trigger on buying something off the internet. It sounds like he jacked you around til it was just in time to get burned then just fell off the map. I too have been burned and PayPal never did a thing for me and when I do use it I just load a gift card so ppl can only burn me once. The internet can be a really good thing but has also opened up all kinds of doors for everything from scammers like this fat bob thief to ppl cheating on their partners. I'm so sorry that happened to you and I hope that he gets his so he doesn't pull anymore jack moves from another honest person. My guess on getting a response from him here if he sees this is he knows what he did and won't face up to it. But we know what this guy is n you posted all the proof so thanks for letting others know!

Old 11-11-2014, 07:20 PM   #5
Guy Castro
That's way I never wait on anyone while using PPal. I file immediately at the first sign of BS or something wrong! Just did that with Google Play the same day I made the purchase.Took a few days to rule in my favor.

Old 11-11-2014, 09:19 PM   #6
Occidentalis
I talked briefly with him about a trade about a year ago.
The phone number I got for him was 305-409-4640

If you google this number, it is also used by a kingsnake.com user named Ken Ketsuwan. Picture below.

I hope this information helps you make contact, get your tortoise or a refund.
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2014, 11:59 PM   #7
gila7150
I just sent a link to this thread to Warayot Nanakornpanom's Facebook. It says he lives in Margate, FL.

Old 11-12-2014, 12:08 AM   #8
gila7150
I sent a link to Ken Ketsuwan's as well. His Facebook sys he lives in Deerfield, FL (which happens to be very close to Margate.
Ken Ketsuwan actually has a couple positive BOI threads.

Old 11-12-2014, 12:19 AM   #9
gila7150
He works at
BG SIAM FOOD INC (Asian Grocery)
943 S FEDERAL HWY
DEERFIELD BEACH, FL 33441-5753
(954) 426-6321

If he owed me $200 and wouldn't return my emails I'd give him a call at work.

Old 11-12-2014, 12:32 AM   #10
Occidentalis
You can view that same Chlamydosaurus from the post above on Gotfatbob's Instagram account
http://instagram.com/gotfatbob

Hopefully one or both users will respond to add some clarity to the situation.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!