Help with a Burm setup - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #1
Dansolt929
Help with a Burm setup

Going to be getting a 2' albino burmese tomorrow , and was wondering about a few things that burm owners would know from experience.

I plan to get another apogee terrarium6'x2.5'x2.5'(for the time being,) the snake is in a 20L tank at the moment. I know once the snake gets a good amount of girth, it will simply climb and break the plastic tube frame(at that point a custom built one will be made)But i have a few questions...

Anyone ever see they're burm climb? My dad's never did, but I've seen a few spend alot of time on a perch, as high as they could go.

How long before the snake is 8+ feet? Dont know the timeline for normal growth, just looking for a guestimate.

And what length/girth should she be before I try to feed her wabbits? This one is just personal curiosity, shes got some time before that happens.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:20 PM   #2
reticguy76
its better to keep them in smaller versions of the cages you are gonna end up keeping her in (example if you are gonna house permanently in a 6 x3 vision, its better to use like a 3 x 2 now or something like that) aquariums suck, they dont hold humidity properly or heat.
hatchling burms will sometimes climb, but primarily are terrestrial animals.

size is determined by genetics and feeding

burm hatchlings can go on rabbit pinks. so they can start rabbits anytime

Old 09-05-2011, 11:27 PM   #3
Dansolt929
Thanks. Eventually thinking something like a 6x4x6, especially if it gets bigger than 13ft. I'm hoping she will xD
The 6x2.5x2.5 i currently have but right now theres a 4ft bp in it, she'll be getting a smaller 4x3x2 within the week, it'll be like trading places. Once the burm outgrows the plastic tube frame, I'll be building her 6x4x6.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:33 PM   #4
Dansolt929
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
its better to keep them in smaller versions of the cages you are gonna end up keeping her in (example if you are gonna house permanently in a 6 x3 vision, its better to use like a 3 x 2 now or something like that) aquariums suck, they dont hold humidity properly or heat.
hatchling burms will sometimes climb, but primarily are terrestrial animals.

size is determined by genetics and feeding

burm hatchlings can go on rabbit pinks. so they can start rabbits anytime
Oh and where would I get rabbit pinks? Only thing I can think of is breeding them myself, but I can't within borough limits :/

Old 09-06-2011, 12:08 AM   #5
reticguy76
You pretty much need to find a show rabbit breeder in your area and wait for litters. When they are not show quality or mom isn't a good mom or something, they will usually either give them away cheap or kill them and let them go as food

Old 09-06-2011, 05:50 AM   #6
Dansolt929
isnt that what brings us all here? just we take more interest in some more than others.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!