Bad Guy BEWARE: Jason Lewenza of Lewenza's Lizards - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:18 PM   #1
dden
BEWARE: Jason Lewenza of Lewenza's Lizards

I am posting to tell everyone to beware of Jason Lewenza/Lewenza's Lizards. Over 10 months ago I shipped him a wholesale group of Crested Geckos in the agreement that he would pay part immediately and the rest within a few weeks. To make a long story short, he sent a money order for the remaining $605 that never arrived. Apparently it was stolen out of the post office somewhere between Canada and San Diego. For the last 9 months he has been promising to make good on his debt, but so far, I have not received it. He claims that the bank has promised to reimburse him for the fraudulently cashed money order, but again, I have received nothing. He has promised, several times, to "pay Friday when I get my next paycheck", but still, nothing. I have called him many, many times, and left messages, but he will no longer return my calls. He pretends to be gone when I call his home. On the rare event that I do catch him on the phone, he says he has been working "out of telephone range", etc... So if Jason Lewenza calls you and tries to buy animals, make sure you get paid first in full. Jason, if you read this PAY-UP. You say you have paid me, but ry telling your mortgage company, or utility company that you sent a check and it got lost, and see what they say...
Kevin Dunne
Dragon's Den Herpetoculture

Old 03-24-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
KNOBTAIL
Hey Kevin

Jerry Tresser here, does this guy have any kind of postal receipt showing that there was a money order ! It does not take much to make a payment. Where are the geckos ?

Old 03-25-2009, 10:28 AM   #3
PaulYancick
The old (I will pay you later scam)and you fell for it.Shame on you Kevin.I do use money orders and postal money orders if Im wary of someone.I also have all my money order receipts that are kept on file.LL Lizards should show proof of purchasing a money order or pay up or start making a payment plan with you.If his money order was stolen and cashed he can take it up with the bank.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:56 PM   #4
AvandisFifth187
Evidence?...

Could you please post any pertinent evidence of these transactions (e-mails, receipt, etc.)?

Old 03-25-2009, 11:41 PM   #5
dden
Jerry, Paul- Unfortunately, I sent the geckos over 10 months ago. He had been a good customer in the past and I had no reason to believe he would not pay. In fact, he did send a money order, but it was intercepted somewhere along the way and cashed at a check cashing place. I have seen the M.O. and it looks like someone changed the name (and actually it looked pretty crummy...I am very surprised that any business would have accepted it).
AvandisFifth187- I will not post copies of my transactions here. I posted here simply to warn others...if you choose not to take my warning, that is fine, but don't ask me for evidence as if you are questioning my integrity. I have been in this business for a long time, probably longer than almost anybody, and I think my reputation speaks for itself.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:58 PM   #6
TattooLost
facts speak for themselves, not hearsay

Old 03-26-2009, 02:10 AM   #7
JordanAng420
I don't think anyone is questioning integrity. I think everyone just wants more detailed information as far as what transpired.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:29 PM   #8
dden
Here are the facts:
I sent the animals. I received partial payment. The balance, a money order for $605, was stolen somewhere along the way (between Canada and San Diego), the name on the M.O. was altered and it was cashed at a check cashing business near San Francisco. I am out $605. Buyer will not take responsibility for the balance of $605 that is still owed to me. Plain and simple: Don't ship anything to Jason Lewenza without getting paymeny in full FIRST.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:45 AM   #9
Uroboros
Has anyone contacted the accused so they can either defend themselves or remain silent? In a court, with proof or not, if the defendant does not show up and the plaintiff does, the judgement goes only one way.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:21 AM   #10
kmurphy
Quote:
AvandisFifth187- I will not post copies of my transactions here. I posted here simply to warn others...if you choose not to take my warning, that is fine, but don't ask me for evidence as if you are questioning my integrity. I have been in this business for a long time, probably longer than almost anybody, and I think my reputation speaks for itself.
Kevin, it may be true that you have a stellar reputation but you've also been a member of Fauna since 2003 and presumably glanced at the BOI on more than one occasion. You know how it works so why the attitude when someone asks you the normal follow-up question to a bad-guy post. Do you feel you are above the normal procedure because you've been around so long? There is always two sides to a story and most people like to weigh both and make their own decisions.

I thank you for the warning and personally I will head it. I also tend to stay away from thin-skinned sellers too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!