Bad Guy Is there NOBODY that Dan Scolaro won't try to scam??? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:58 AM   #11
MikeCurtin
Ditto!

Old 04-19-2009, 09:23 AM   #12
COBRAMAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den View Post
What I don't understand is there are many bad guy threads here on Dan Scolaro and you were aware of them, and his reputation, yet you still chose to do business with him. Then you get ripped off and come to the BOI to complain? The BOI is a great tool, but it can't protect people from themselves...
Actually I agree with you. It was a calculated risk. I have sold animals to Dan in the past, but this was the first time I was on the receiving end. I have known Dan for about 7 years and did not think he would pull something like this on me (but then, why would I be any different than the others?).

Anyway, no big deal. I just thought I would post my experience on the BOI so that it may help some other trusting person not to become another victim of DTS HERPS Inc.

Thanks all.
Ray

Old 04-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #13
lanceheads
The way I understand how this deal went down was, Ray told Dan that the snake he recieved was not the same one in the KS ad. Dan offered to bring the krait back (that he traded the cobra Ray for) and Ray said no, he still wanted the snake even though it wasn't the one represented in the KS ad.
So, I don't see what this fuss is all about?
Since Dan cannot come on here and tell his side of the story, email him like I did and get his side.
Danscolaro@aol.com
In all fairness, there is always two sides to every story. Email Dan and get his side, then make your decision.

Randal Berry

Old 04-19-2009, 10:28 AM   #14
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post
The way I understand how this deal went down was, Ray told Dan that the snake he recieved was not the same one in the KS ad. Dan offered to bring the krait back (that he traded the cobra Ray for) and Ray said no, he still wanted the snake even though it wasn't the one represented in the KS ad.
Since Dan cannot come on here and tell his side of the story, email him like I did and get his side.
Danscolaro@aol.com
In all fairness, there is always two sides to every story. Email Dan and get his side, then make your decision.

Randal Berry
No need to do that, I can save everyone the trouble.

Dan has never had a legitimate complaint, The OP is a scammer and Dan went way above and beyond the TOS. He would then rant and rave for a while about tying people up in a red dress, and finally tell us that his hobby or business (depending on which day it is) is better than ever. Also, he NEVER sells local wildcaught stuff!
Right!

Old 04-19-2009, 10:31 AM   #15
David Scarboro
Quote:
Danscolaro@aol.com

Randal Berry
Also, Mr. Berry. Since you are here for Dan, Does he admit that the cobra he brought was not the one pictured in the ad? Do tell...

Old 04-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #16
Serafim
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scarboro View Post
No need to do that, I can save everyone the trouble.

Dan has never had a legitimate complaint, The OP is a scammer and Dan went way above and beyond the TOS. He would then rant and rave for a while about tying people up in a red dress, and finally tell us that his hobby or business (depending on which day it is) is better than ever. Also, he NEVER sells local wildcaught stuff!
Right!
Yep I would say You just saved us all a long and boring thread LOL. All summed up in one post..

Old 04-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #17
Lucille
Quote:
Danscolaro@aol.com

Randal Berry
Randal,

First let me say that I respect what you are saying and that I have no issues with you.
When I first read what you had to say, for just a moment, I did think about fairness, and the fact that Dan cannot come speak for himself.

But then I reflected on WHY that was so: he was so abusive for so long in his posts here, that he racked up enough points to be booted.

The BOI allows rough and tumble, and there is wide latitude in how people respond to what is said. But Dan just leapt across the line separating free speech and outright verbal abuse not once, but many times.

I'm not sure I feel totally OK about either him not being able to respond, or about you sort of responding for him, but there is no doubt he brought this situation on himself.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:13 PM   #18
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Scarboro View Post
Also, Mr. Berry. Since you are here for Dan, Does he admit that the cobra he brought was not the one pictured in the ad? Do tell...
Yes David, he does admit that.

Randal Berry

Old 04-19-2009, 12:20 PM   #19
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Randal,

First let me say that I respect what you are saying and that I have no issues with you.
When I first read what you had to say, for just a moment, I did think about fairness, and the fact that Dan cannot come speak for himself.

But then I reflected on WHY that was so: he was so abusive for so long in his posts here, that he racked up enough points to be booted.

The BOI allows rough and tumble, and there is wide latitude in how people respond to what is said. But Dan just leapt across the line separating free speech and outright verbal abuse not once, but many times.

I'm not sure I feel totally OK about either him not being able to respond, or about you sort of responding for him, but there is no doubt he brought this situation on himself.
Lucille, I agree with you 100%. Dan HAS brought a lot of this on himself, (by the way he has responded to other folks).

I didn't mean to come off responding for him, I simply emailed him this a.m. and asked his side, I reported it on the BOI likewise.
I ask for people to look at BOTH sides of this. Sure, I think it's unfair for Dan to not be able to respond here. I agree, Dan does not have a good rep. here, but Ray Hunter and ERJ have dubious threads here also, thus my calling the kettle black in my first post on this thread.

Randal Berry

Old 04-19-2009, 12:36 PM   #20
COBRAMAN
Quote:
Yes David, he does admit that.

Randal Berry
Randal, I am sorry to have to accuse Dan of lying (again), but what he told you is not true. When I called him he continued telling me that it is the same snake, and that he probed it. Then when I pointed out the differences, he started screaming and yelling and hung up. I know he is your buddy, and you want to be able to believe him, but he has proven time after time that he is not able to be truthfull. He WAS an aquaintance of mine (and a customer) but he has always lied to me. I just would never have thought he would deliver the wrong snake (knowing I was specific about wanting the exact on pictured) and then attempt to lie about it numerous times.

If I considered that Dan could not come defend himself, I would have thought twice about starting the thread. I am handling the matter between Dan and I through other means now, and am not trying to get anyone to pick sides or bash Dan. I just wanted to share my first experience to warn others that think he would not do the same to them because they know him on a more personal level. Dan assured me that the snake he would bring to my room mate was a female and the exact one pictured in his ad. He lied about both issues, and did not even want my friend to take it out of the bag, much less probe it. I told him (when he and my friend called me after probing it) that I can live with it being a male, as long as it was the exact snake in the pictures on his ad. Dan assured me that it was, yet told my room mate (who does not have as much experience with cobras) that the lack of white speckling and the white bands are because "the one in his ad pictures was flattened out".

Anyway, since he can't come on and defend himself, we are kicking a dead horse. I will handle the matter through other means.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!