Bad Guy Is there NOBODY that Dan Scolaro won't try to scam??? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #21
KNOBTAIL
Just out of curiosity

was there any monetary loss here in this transaction? What happened to the snakes.. Did Dan keep the snake he offered you or was there an actual transaction to everyones satisfaction.?

I realize that you were unhappy due to several reasons, but was the sale comsummated in any way or did this just turn out to be another Scolaro nightmare...

Old 04-19-2009, 02:15 PM   #22
redcarpet101
Quote:
The way I understand how this deal went down was, Ray told Dan that the snake he recieved was not the same one in the KS ad. Dan offered to bring the krait back (that he traded the cobra Ray for) and Ray said no, he still wanted the snake even though it wasn't the one represented in the KS ad.
So, I don't see what this fuss is all about?
Since Dan cannot come on here and tell his side of the story, email him like I did and get his side.
Danscolaro@aol.com
In all fairness, there is always two sides to every story. Email Dan and get his side, then make your decision.
Randal, Maybe I can help you with another side of the story since I was the one who physically did the trade with Dan. I received a call from Ray yesterday morning asking me if I would take his Krait to Dan so he could swap it for a Monocled. I used one of my Midwest Bags to transport the Krait, so when I meet Dan I wanted to put the Monocled in the bag I brought, plus I wanted to see the Snake before I took back to Ray. Dan said he didn't want to take it out of the bag. I asked him why and he said because he didn't want to bag it again. I told he He doesn't have to worry about that because I will handle it. Now that I think about it was a little strange for him not to want to bag a Monocled when I've seen him bag Mambas and such on numerous occasions. I gave the Monocled a good look over and thought it looked a little different from the Pic Ray had shown me a few days ago. I just looked at the Pic briefly when Ray showed it to me, but I did remember white speckling. I asked Dan, I thought this thing had more white speckling on it. Dan said, when I took the photo it was puffing and flattening its body. I assumed the color change was due to growth or lighting of the photo, but I really never studied the photo. I told Dan that I wanted to probe the snake before I take it back to Ray. He said, you don't need to, because I tubed it and probed it myself and I'm positive it's a female. I told him I was going to probe it anyway. when I lifted the tall you could see it was a male. I said Dan this looks like a male, and he replied again said, I myself probed it and it can't be a male. Needless to say I almost lost the probe it went in so deep. Dan said you popped it by using such a small probe. By this time I knew he was BSing me. Dan grabbed a bigger probe and did it for himself and he to almost lost the probe in the snake. I said well I need to call Ray and tell he. Dan insisted that he call Ray. I heard him telling Ray it was the same snake, but just sexed wrong. Dan handed the phone over to me and Ray told me to go ahead and do the trade. I brought the snake home and right away Ray could tell that it wasn't the same snake. He proceed to call Dan. I could not hear Dan but I could hear Ray, and Dan was insisting that it was the same snake and that he only had one Monocled so it had to be the same snake.

Old 04-19-2009, 02:25 PM   #23
Tiger Lilly
Back to Dan's email--

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanceheads View Post
The way I understand how this deal went down was, Ray told Dan that the snake he recieved was not the same one in the KS ad. Dan offered to bring the krait back (that he traded the cobra Ray for) and Ray said no, he still wanted the snake even though it wasn't the one represented in the KS ad.
So, I don't see what this fuss is all about?
Since Dan cannot come on here and tell his side of the story, email him like I did and get his side.
Danscolaro@aol.com
In all fairness, there is always two sides to every story. Email Dan and get his side, then make your decision.

Randal Berry
Can you post his emails? I mean, wouldn't that be better than you just telling us what he said?

And as for the OP, sorry you got shafted, but apparently NO ONE is immune to being screwed over...I would'nt have done the deal unless I was going to pick it up & check it out myself!

Old 04-19-2009, 03:14 PM   #24
Wolfy-hound
If you knew Dan had lied to you before, and then there was already the issue of it being missexed, then IMO it was a bit foolish to assume it was the same snake. In cases like this, unless you could be there yourself in person, there's no way I'd predict anything BUT issues of some sort.
The pics make it pretty obvious, one has nice white bands, and speckles. The one you got doesn't.
Unless you can convince Dan to trade back, you're kind of screwed. Your represenative okayed the snake as the same snake, since he wasn't as well versed in the picture or conbras ability to have speckles and banding disappear in photos.
Sorry you got taken, but with Dan's record, I'd not be surprised.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:46 PM   #25
WebSlave
Sorry gang, but once someone is banned from this site for their actions, then their continuing to interact with everyone here through a third party is NOT going to be permitted. Otherwise why bother with a ban in the first place?

I strongly suggest that no one provide that conduit for any banned person on this site. They have created their own bed, and now have to sleep in it.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:46 PM   #26
COBRAMAN
[quote=Wolfy-hound;699934]If you knew Dan had lied to you before, and then there was already the issue of it being missexed, then IMO it was a bit foolish to assume it was the same snake. QUOTE]

I hear ya. But I did NOT assume it was the same snake. There's where you may have missed it in a previous post. I asked Dan, when he called to tell me about it probing out as a male, if it were the same snake and he assured me it was the same snake. I did not expect my friend to memorize the pictures that Dan posted on his kingsnake ad. In fact, I fully intended to do the trade myself, but Dan decided that he was going to come up while I was working a function for Earth Day, and at the last minute I asked my friend to meet with Dan. I truely did not think Dan would pull that trick on me in view of our professional relationship. foolish?, maybe, but if this is the worst thing that happens to me I will have done pretty good. It's not a big deal though. I am handling it, and I know I will be satisfied in the end.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:57 PM   #27
COBRAMAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL View Post
was there any monetary loss here in this transaction? What happened to the snakes.. Did Dan keep the snake he offered you or was there an actual transaction to everyones satisfaction.?

I realize that you were unhappy due to several reasons, but was the sale comsummated in any way or did this just turn out to be another Scolaro nightmare...
Hi Jerry. As it stands at the moment, I still have the cobra, and Dan has the krait. Nothing has been "consummated" yet, but I have a strong feeling that within a few days I will be ok with the turn-out. If he is truely willing to trade back (as Randal Berry claims Dan said) that may be an option. After Randal interceded, Dan called me this morning to complain about me starting this thread, then just started to make childish threats, so I hung up on him. When we spoke yesterday, he started yelling like a drill seargent, then hung up on me. So if he offered to trade back then, theres no way anyone would have been able to make out what he was yelling.

Again, everything will be worked out just fine. I was not looking for judges and juries, I was just passing on the experience so the next person would use more caution than I did.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:00 PM   #28
Wolfy-hound
Sorry, I should have said "you assumed Dan wasn't lying when he assured you it was the same snake, just missexed". You had the right idea to go in person to trade, but when something came up, with the record of him lying before, I'd have probably called it off.
I hope you work it out, and you're right, posting it here will help others avoid getting scammed.

Old 04-19-2009, 05:11 PM   #29
Physignathus
I really hope you do get everything sorted out. Like I said, I don't know anything about the snakes that were involved in the trade, but I can see why you were so eager to do the trade for the cobra in the pics he had. It was a beautiful animal and the one you got is definately a disappointment after you were expecting the other one. By the way, did you ever find out if he did indeed take those pictures and had the snake, or is it possible they were stolen and are pictures of someone else's animal? Please keep us updated. I do understand why you would have given him the benefit of the doubt though, that is pretty low of him to screw over someone he had done business with for years. He will probably regret it in the future when he wants something from you and will realize it wasn't worth it to screw you over. Maybe now you can just use it as a lesson to print out a picture if you have to trade through a friend again, or make sure you do them in person. Good luck!

Old 04-19-2009, 06:52 PM   #30
KNOBTAIL
I think what Dan needs

is someone to represent him in all transactions.. Its amazing how someone can run into so much complications over a simple transaction whether sold or traded or bought...

I wonder if there is some dark force that Dan seems to associate himself with knowingly or unknowingly . Its apparent that his business dealings really need to be watched carefully..

There are people in this world who continuously screw up.. He is one of them, its just unfortunate for the herp industry that he ended up in this vocation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!