about siklback and their husbandry - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 03:42 AM   #21
fstop2100a
I have no knowledge of what has caused you to loose respect for Vicki and Rob. They both have been nothing but helpful to me in every aspect of learning about dragons. From my observations of their dragons, physical plant, and their personalities and charactor it does not seem they would intentionally harm anyone or act in anyway that would not be honorable and respectful. I hope you have contacted them personally to discuss your specific issues. IT would appear this should be taken care of on a personal level not in the public forum. They have been terrific with me. I can only go by my observations.... Wishing you the best....

Old 07-06-2007, 06:15 PM   #22
puppytoes72
hmm,maybe its because they tried to hide that they had adenovirus in their colony and when the truth finally came out that they had known for a long time they tried to mislead ppl about it on their website.there is a thread on this forum somewhere about it.they lied to alot of ppl.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #23
puppytoes72
if you are interested http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=98075 it explains most of what vicki and rob did.there is another thread somewhere where everything got brought out into the open and that is why the BOI thread was started

Old 07-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #24
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppytoes72
hmm,maybe its because they tried to hide that they had adenovirus in their colony and when the truth finally came out that they had known for a long time they tried to mislead ppl about it on their website.there is a thread on this forum somewhere about it.they lied to alot of ppl.
You forgot attacking and stalking another breeder for trying to help people looking for answers about Adenovirus.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:41 PM   #25
Tere Salazar
Sorry, Michele. You didn't forget anything. I should have refreshed before posting.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:43 PM   #26
puppytoes72
ok,i just found the other thread,it starts on page 67 http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...3&page=67&pp=5

Old 07-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #27
puppytoes72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladragon
Sorry, Michele. You didn't forget anything. I should have refreshed before posting.
thats ok,we posted at the same time.i just noticed your post too

Old 07-06-2007, 09:29 PM   #28
Valley Dragons
I had not read that thread before, but I took the time to skim over most of it before I got tired of reading it. To be honest, most of it seems like mud-slinging and it is hard to find facts amongst the fighting.

The bottom line - if Dachiu (or any other breeder) has suffered mass die-offs or other unusual signs of illness in their colony (that persist and cannot be attributed to another reason), then they should come forward with it, and test for adeno if they have not already done so. If Dachiu has NOT experienced problems in their colony, then I don't see why their disclaimer is insufficient to the point that they are considered to be "shady". I believe that they simply stated that adeno is in much of the U.S. dragon population (which initial testing is backing up) and that their breeders and babies are not tested (which they stated in the thread that they don't test all their breeders and babies). I don't think the fact that they have tested some of their dragons at any given point negates what they said in their disclaimer. It was not like they were claiming to the public to be free of adeno!

But - I think testing is important even if you don't have problems - just for information's sake. If there are breeders out there that test positive, but don't have health problems - then that says alot about this virus. But - if information about any colony's health is being withheld, then it will be that much longer before we will have all the facts neccesary to make an informed decision about this virus.

Jamie

Old 07-06-2007, 09:36 PM   #29
puppytoes72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Dragons
I had not read that thread before, but I took the time to skim over most of it before I got tired of reading it. To be honest, most of it seems like mud-slinging and it is hard to find facts amongst the fighting.

The bottom line - if Dachiu (or any other breeder) has suffered mass die-offs or other unusual signs of illness in their colony (that persist and cannot be attributed to another reason), then they should come forward with it, and test for adeno if they have not already done so. If Dachiu has NOT experienced problems in their colony, then I don't see why their disclaimer is insufficient to the point that they are considered to be "shady". I believe that they simply stated that adeno is in much of the U.S. dragon population (which initial testing is backing up) and that their breeders and babies are not tested (which they stated in the thread that they don't test all their breeders and babies). I don't think the fact that they have tested some of their dragons at any given point negates what they said in their disclaimer. It was not like they were claiming to the public to be free of adeno!

But - I think testing is important even if you don't have problems - just for information's sake. If there are breeders out there that test positive, but don't have health problems - then that says alot about this virus. But - if information about any colony's health is being withheld, then it will be that much longer before we will have all the facts neccesary to make an informed decision about this virus.

Jamie
but what they state on their site is misleading.vickie had finally admitted here that she has tested and even posted positive results but on her site she says that they DO NOT test.any person looking to buy a beardie from her will see that statement and not even think to ask her if she ever found adeno in her colony.that is wrong

Old 07-06-2007, 09:49 PM   #30
Valley Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppytoes72
but what they state on their site is misleading.vickie had finally admitted here that she has tested and even posted positive results but on her site she says that they DO NOT test.any person looking to buy a beardie from her will see that statement and not even think to ask her if she ever found adeno in her colony.that is wrong
As is stated on Dachiu.com:

Our breeders and currently available dragons have not been tested for adenovirus. Adenovirus is believed to be present in many/most bearded dragons, including ours. For those of you who wish to test - any positive tested animal may be returned to us within 6 weeks and a refund issued for the purchase price. *We do not refund shipping fees or testing costs.

I believe the fact that they stated that their colony could contain adeno is sufficient. They also offer to refund any animal that tests positive.

Jamie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread