Witblits dragons - true patternless beardies - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 01:43 AM   #81
witblits
Yeah look you are right. And I know this. I don't know everything about this morph. And I am honest about that. Abuyer would be informed of what we know and what we don't. I am sure one inbreeding will not do harm. I realy don't want to inbreed them at all, but in order to prove the trait i will need to.
As for colour. These animals aren't axanthic or anery. They have all the normal pigment. BLACK. Males go black under the jaw. YELLOW. Older dragons sometime goes a golden colour. RED. One of our dragons have a orange tinge to his back. So that is the three basic pigments that make up all the morphs. I'm sure a first crossing with a witblits and super red (or whatever you want to call it) might not give super red patternless dragons. It might take a generation or 4 to achieve that.
Remember there are some rich kids out their and I have a few enquiries from them... These guys have no intent on breeding. Don't know if they will hold by it but that is what they say.
They have not yet tried to take our animals away. But they are trying to implement the law. Obviously we are fighting it like mad! The day is is implemented will be the day I get on a plane and fly my animals out of here. There is no way they are insenerating all my dragons.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:06 AM   #82
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by witblits View Post
Yeah look you are right. And I know this. I don't know everything about this morph. And I am honest about that. Abuyer would be informed of what we know and what we don't. I am sure one inbreeding will not do harm. I realy don't want to inbreed them at all, but in order to prove the trait i will need to.
As for colour. These animals aren't axanthic or anery. They have all the normal pigment. BLACK. Males go black under the jaw. YELLOW. Older dragons sometime goes a golden colour. RED. One of our dragons have a orange tinge to his back. So that is the three basic pigments that make up all the morphs. I'm sure a first crossing with a witblits and super red (or whatever you want to call it) might not give super red patternless dragons. It might take a generation or 4 to achieve that.
Remember there are some rich kids out their and I have a few enquiries from them... These guys have no intent on breeding. Don't know if they will hold by it but that is what they say.
They have not yet tried to take our animals away. But they are trying to implement the law. Obviously we are fighting it like mad! The day is is implemented will be the day I get on a plane and fly my animals out of here. There is no way they are insenerating all my dragons.
Thank you, but just so you know i wasnt digging for a "your right answer". If you read the earlier post in this thread I was the only one to actually stand up for these types of genetically inferior animals, with opinions and facts.
I like your dragon and i am looking forward to working with the gene. as far as the inbreeding goes, it kinda has to happen. But so were all the recessive traits. So why have a problem with inbreeding this gene but not the others that are being bred and sold at a high rate by multiple breeders.
An with the number of Bigger breeders and there knowledge on this gene i am sure it will get worked out faster than the other morphs that took them awhile to figure out.
Good luck with the fight to keep you dragons. I think I would have to re-locate before i gave up what i love.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:42 PM   #83
westcoastdragons
I have not read through most of this post and have no desire to but I did have a quick glance at this site. (Great marketing technique lol) I’ll I can say is… next time I'm looking for a five thousand dollar dragon I’m pretty sure I wont be spending my money here LMAO!
PS Probably would have been best to just let this tread die but I couldn’t resist.
My Bad

Old 02-14-2010, 12:00 AM   #84
westcoastdragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastdragons View Post
I have not read through most of this post and have no desire to but I did have a quick glance at this site. (Great marketing technique lol) I’ll I can say is… next time I'm looking for a five thousand dollar dragon I’m pretty sure I wont be spending my money here LMAO!
PS Probably would have been best to just let this tread die but I couldn’t resist.
My Bad
BTW I Have some "west"bits on sale this week for $3000. Some are kinda whiteish with orange and others may or may not have a definite patern. These guys are REALLY special and worth every penny. (providing that you are both rich AND stupid) Mention this at and get a "special" deal...TWO for $7000!

Old 02-14-2010, 10:01 AM   #85
BaseballBeardies
my first dragon was a cawley red male and he stopped growing at 26" so its not all color morphs are small

Old 02-14-2010, 10:03 AM   #86
spyder79
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballBeardies View Post
my first dragon was a cawley red male and he stopped growing at 26" so its not all color morphs are small
you need to re-read the thread. no one said color morphs are stunted. its the genetic morphs ie trans, leathers, hypos, and so on that tend to be stunted.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:32 PM   #87
chris allen
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder79 View Post
you need to re-read the thread. no one said color morphs are stunted. its the genetic morphs ie trans, leathers, hypos, and so on that tend to be stunted.
Thats not true either. Over the past year and a half I have seen plenty of poor quality(and plenty of great quality) colored dragons(non morphs). Its not limited just to morphs. It may be more commonly seen in a morph, but can be prevalent in any line, whether its a color or a morph.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:34 PM   #88
spyder79
actually the statement was true as no-one in this thread had been questioning color morphs. I never stated it doesnt happen in color lines i stated that that has not been brought up in this thread. In this thread genetic traits such as hypomelanism, translucent, leatherbacks, and so on were talked about and not color traits.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:41 PM   #89
chris allen
It should be talked about, but I think most people aren't going to disclose problems that they have had. I think it would be great for us all to learn what has proven to not do so well in a breeding program. Maybe we should all start a new thread about actual genetics, lines, colors, and morphs in beardeds and discuss instead of jacking this thread(guess its a little late for that though)? I guess who really cares though when there's the potential to make a $5k baby, right?

Old 02-25-2010, 08:11 PM   #90
red ink
G'day mates, (old post but i have just come accross it)

Patternless dragons may be new to the market but i can assure you they are not new. They are naturally occuring though rare in some locality specific populations in Australia. The ones that do occur naturally "look" like P.vitticeps and from first hand experience and "nothing like" the witblits "morph".

From my personal ovservations of the photos on their site the offsprings don't seem to have the typical characteristics of the parents. Head shape, latteral scaling, as well as the scaling on the base of the tail. Has this been questioned? I would not think that an F1 clutch would show such drastic change in characteristics from known P.vitticeps traits (as displayed by the pics of the parents). The anomally in the traits is not just restricted to the "paternless" in the clutch but the normal looking siblings don't seem to display the typical P.vitticeps traits either.

My 2 cents.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!