Let's start a silkback thread:) - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 09:11 PM   #51
crazycoolpaul
WOW THOSE ARE PRETTY SICK LOOKIN
GREAT JOB TOM

Old 06-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #52
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycoolpaul View Post
WOW THOSE ARE PRETTY SICK LOOKIN
GREAT JOB TOM
. Thanks, i do enjoy walking into the baby room and seeing them.

To bad it wasn't a hypo trans silk. the only type of visible morph i havent produced yet... and it looks like its going to be put off until next year. but oh well...

Old 06-18-2010, 08:33 AM   #53
masteryoda1978
I think silkies remind me a lot of the sphinx cat or Chinese crested hairless dog. Silks have just a small amount of scales left on their heads and tails with maybe a few on toes/feet. Sphinx cats normally retain a bit of fur in these areas as well and hairless Chinese crested dogs always do in those areas. Also similar to both is the fact that the amount of scales in these areas varies from silk to silk just as with the cat and dog mutation...some sphinx cats too are called sticky bald by breeders because they have so little hair they feel sticky to the touch and other sphinx retain more hair and may have a fine but thicker downy like coat. I find this interesting that the mutation in both reptiles and mammals is so much the same even though their genetic makeup is so different. Anyone else notice this?

Old 06-19-2010, 12:06 AM   #54
dragonluver83
Silks hatching. and the red hypo silk that i mentioned earlier.
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2010, 12:46 AM   #55
DiamondDen
Nice man the hypo silk is amazing you holding onto that one. lol

Old 06-19-2010, 05:22 PM   #56
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDen View Post
Nice man the hypo silk is amazing you holding onto that one. lol
I dunno, i am going to hold one, but i think it may be the translucent silkback

Old 06-19-2010, 05:22 PM   #57
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by masteryoda1978 View Post
I think silkies remind me a lot of the sphinx cat or Chinese crested hairless dog. Silks have just a small amount of scales left on their heads and tails with maybe a few on toes/feet. Sphinx cats normally retain a bit of fur in these areas as well and hairless Chinese crested dogs always do in those areas. Also similar to both is the fact that the amount of scales in these areas varies from silk to silk just as with the cat and dog mutation...some sphinx cats too are called sticky bald by breeders because they have so little hair they feel sticky to the touch and other sphinx retain more hair and may have a fine but thicker downy like coat. I find this interesting that the mutation in both reptiles and mammals is so much the same even though their genetic makeup is so different. Anyone else notice this?
Alot of ppl say they look like euro's

Old 06-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #58
masteryoda1978
Yes they do, especially the face. Also remind me almost of an amphibian too. I think they are adorable....so many pretty ones on here! My only fear is breeding silkie to silkie. They still have claws...sharp as any beardie and same teeth and male silkies will act like any other breeding male. Or breeding a reg beardie male with a silkie female. I just don't know if it could be done without the females getting bitten and cut up? Plus with silk to silk would there be a higher mortality rate for the clutch? I've heard so many theories. Of course breeding as done now with leathers eliminate all that, but then that kind of makes silkbacks more of a novelty pet than anything else. I love them anyway tho!

Old 06-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #59
blood-bartagame.de
Hello,

here are some pics of my just hatched Translucent Silkbacks. One looks like silver, really nice :-)

Those are my first Silkback Hatchlings- I hope I will do everything right

Regards

Old 06-28-2010, 02:20 PM   #60
mr.mojo
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]I hope you like

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!