LAY BIN FOR DRAGONS. PLUS A BOUNS! Dragons laying, babies hatching GOOD stuff here - Page 15 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-10-2010, 04:54 PM   #141
BADragons
Thanks Tom, both clutches were possible Het. Hypo Parents that were proved out. I'ts always a nice little surprise on working with possible hets. when they actually prove to be het.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:07 AM   #142
HecticLifeReptiles
I provided my dragons with a lay bin in their cage, however....my female dragons decided to lay under the reptile carpet instead! What gives and how can i rectify this situation? I used Zoomed "Lizard Litter" moistened, and they go and dig in there, but when it came to laying they'd jump out of the box and lay under the reptile carpets! Thankfully my reptile room is about incubator temp, but no where near the humidity, also hank god I caught the eggs in time for 3 of the 24 total laid to survive. Why are they laying under the carpets and what can i do to et them to lay in the box next time around?

Old 05-19-2011, 05:46 PM   #143
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by HecticLifeReptiles View Post
I provided my dragons with a lay bin in their cage, however....my female dragons decided to lay under the reptile carpet instead! What gives and how can i rectify this situation? I used Zoomed "Lizard Litter" moistened, and they go and dig in there, but when it came to laying they'd jump out of the box and lay under the reptile carpets! Thankfully my reptile room is about incubator temp, but no where near the humidity, also hank god I caught the eggs in time for 3 of the 24 total laid to survive. Why are they laying under the carpets and what can i do to et them to lay in the box next time around?

How big is your lay bin? If it fits in your cage its probably not big enough and she didnt feel safe with laying them in the bin. So the carpet was the desired place.. You gave her to many different laying spots and she felt most secure laying her eggs under the carpet.

Fill a large bin 62 qt. from wal mart is good, with your desired substrate. (mine is eco earth) An keep her in that the next time she goes to dig. That way no mistakes on where she will lay the eggs. Re-read the first post on this thread and look at the pics. That should help you with all you need. I have had multiple e-mails with how the post helped them. Good Luck!

Remember she may double clutch. Be looking for another clutch from her around two weeks time.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #144
dragonluver83
Hum...... We lost ALOT of pics out of this thread! I didnt know the original pics were gone. maybe I can find them. it was over a year ago though.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #145
dragonluver83
Of all the pics I lost I think the first two were the original pics to this thread. But i posted them backwards.the other two are of a hypo het trans pokin around.
Attached Images

Old 05-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #146
HecticLifeReptiles
thank you so much. I will definantly be on the look out

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!