Need help dragons dieing. - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-29-2010, 04:58 PM   #51
ace9916
After not being completely satisfied with what the results came back with I have been doing alot of research. and found some sites. One that was updated every so often with new info, strongly gives me the feeling that Adeno will more then liekly be the case.

It states that not all but some of these will be symptoms of adeno. My dragons showed the fallowing, loss of color, and yellowish tone to underside of belly. Sudden lose of appitite,sometimes showing no signs up until death, most of the time coccidia is also present at the time of necropsy. Attacks females at their weekst point when gravid, making it difficult for them to recover from a rapid decline after becoming gravid.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:01 PM   #52
ace9916
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie.h View Post
We are eager to hear what it is. How sad for you though. They are such nice creatures,and beautiful as well.
Thank You

Angelina

Old 04-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #53
ace9916
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder79 View Post
Armondo

Were you able to get any input from Tracie or your vet on performing a test for Adeno?
She emailed me this morning and I have returned my response, so the wheels are turning now. At this moment I still have not lost anymore dragons. Hoping it stays this way. I need a little time to recover from so much expense.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:05 PM   #54
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace9916 View Post
After not being completely satisfied with what the results came back with I have been doing alot of research. and found some sites. One that was updated every so often with new info, strongly gives me the feeling that Adeno will more then liekly be the case.

It states that not all but some of these will be symptoms of adeno. My dragons showed the fallowing, loss of color, and yellowish tone to underside of belly. Sudden lose of appitite,sometimes showing no signs up until death, most of the time coccidia is also present at the time of necropsy. Attacks females at their weekst point when gravid, making it difficult for them to recover from a rapid decline after becoming gravid.
Would you mind posting or PMing me the website you're referencing?

If this is what you're thinking is going on, get ahold of Tracie and get your remaining dragons tested. And if this is what you think is going on, I'll be happy to share my experiences with it.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:06 PM   #55
Tere Salazar
Sorry about that. We posted at the same time. Glad you heard from Tracie.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:11 PM   #56
ace9916
I will post them in a few i"v been reading so much I lost track of time and didn't notice its time to go home and I still have some work to do.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #57
Tere Salazar
Thank you.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:14 PM   #58
Helenthereef
Very sorry you have lost your dragons, but thank you for sharing the story - hopefully it will be of great help to others. I hope that you have managed to contain this.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:12 AM   #59
ace9916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
Very sorry you have lost your dragons, but thank you for sharing the story - hopefully it will be of great help to others. I hope that you have managed to contain this.
I know it probably makes me look bad in some eyes. Since the first thing everyone jumps to is how i care for them or think I'm not taking care of them. But i need answers or ideas. I admit I have had scares in the past but never lost them not like this. If this thread helps someone in the future that would be great.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:33 AM   #60
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace9916 View Post
I know it probably makes me look bad in some eyes. Since the first thing everyone jumps to is how i care for them or think I'm not taking care of them. But i need answers or ideas. I admit I have had scares in the past but never lost them not like this. If this thread helps someone in the future that would be great.
You don't look bad at all in my eyes, in fact, quite the opposite. You look like someone who loves their dragons and is doing their best to find answers as to what happened. If you didn't care, you wouldn't be trying to figure it out.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!