A new addition... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-13-2008, 01:20 PM   #1
My_Spyder
A new addition...

Waddup all. Im going to a reptile show on Sunday to get my dad his birthday/fathers day present of hopefully a red iguana, if not a cuban, rock, or rhino and if all else fails a good ole fashioned greeny! But to the snakes, ive always loved looking at arboreals and if i see one that catches my eye i want to get one. But i have questions about how hard each is. Between a Carpet, Amazon, GTP and ETB are their any specific eating problems commonly encountered? Ive heard the amazon being "a poor man's GTP" but like them not for the price but the snake itself. I know they need constant but non-stagnant humidity and such. Which gets the biggest and generally doesnt need to be relocated to a bigger cage too often if at all from birth(ive read a 18x18x24 Exo terrarium is good but would it be for a lifespan)? Dam thats longer then i wanted it, and hopefully got the point across. All suggestions on arboreals or info in general are welcome and appreciated!! Thanks for reading this long ass post...

Old 06-13-2008, 07:22 PM   #2
My_Spyder
*UPDATE*

After doing research and following my initial instinct, Ive decided to get a ATB to start out with, at least for now. As i said ill be getting a 18x18x24 Exo Terra. Should that be good as long as the ATB stays an average length? Also i read temperatures should be about 80-85 with 60%-70% humidity, would that be correct? Also to avoid the hassle i sometimes have with my male BPs refusing to eat something not moving, ill be trying to find an ATB that eats F/T. Is there anything else i should be considering? I will be handling the little guy and ive never been hissed at by any snake, so hopefully that trend shall continue. Thanks for reading and verifying information.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:54 AM   #3
creatism123
ok its been yrs since i kept them but i kept a trio in a vision 221 (28x22x12) not ideal but you will be amazed at the amount of time they will spend on the ground, especially for an abboreal species. mine were wild caught adults and i had no problem whats so ever getting them to eat f\t. they lend them selves to very naturalistic cages, mine was set up with a water foger and misting system. they were really cool little captives good luck with yours.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!