Herp export laws South East Asia - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
talcat
Herp export laws South East Asia

Hey, I'm new here so I hope this question is ok,

I've been looking for a while to try and get a particular frog (Euphlyctis cyanophlyctis) for my MS/PhD project. Its apparently very common in South East Asia, and Amphibian Species of the World currently lists its distribution as:
Quote:
Southeastern Iran, southern Afghanistan, Pakistan (except for the far north), low elevation Nepal, and eastern India at low to moderate elevations east through Bangladesh and northeastern India to extreme western Myanmar; Sri Lanka; Malaya; Minh Hai Province, Vietnam.
My problem is, if worst comes to worst (though, I would prefer it not be the case) there is probably money for me to go field collect, but I actually can't find any realy information about the actual export laws from these countries. From the amount I'd been able to infer from talking to various reptile dealters, I know India is closed definitely, and Vietnam is open (maybe?). I know Cal Academy has been doing inventory in Myanmar/Burma, but I'm not actually sure they brought any live specimens back. Sri Lanka's government website does not have any information on export except anythying but cows, as far as I can tell....basically I have no information about what countires would actually allow frogs to leave their borders.

If anyone could give me any information about herp export policies in any of the countries quoted, or a resource somewhere that actually lists these laws, I would be really greatful.

Thanks!

-Talia

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!