getting " envenomated " can get you ........ - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-05-2006, 08:29 PM   #121
Vinny D
great reaserch Rick. im glad ppl are now learning about the venom's evolving in crotalus species and other venomous spp around the world.

Old 03-05-2006, 09:48 PM   #122
hhmoore
Hey, Vinny,
If you were referring to my comment about how you walked before the accident, that was meant as a joke (I just noticed that I didn't include a LOL, so I'm sorry if you took it as an insult or jab). I also stated that a minor pelvic fracture wouldn't lay you up for too long. As for the lumbar fractures, even minor vertebral fractures are something of a big deal...if for no other reason than what can happen if they are stressed. You mentioned bending over and turning/twisting as being the things that hurt - personally, I am surprised that you weren't told not to do those things...I guess I would have expected some sort of brace to immobilize/stabilize your lower back. Orthopedics may not be my specialty, but I am exposed to it regularly. I understand that you felt attacked, but be more careful about throwing comments around about who doesn't know what...you don't know who is out here (healthcare professionals keep reptiles, too).
Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better

Old 03-05-2006, 09:57 PM   #123
Vinny D
thanks hhmoore. yes i thought you saying about how i walked was a jab. but you cleared that up now. everybody that i told what happened to me said the same thing about no brace or anything. so i try not to move my back as much as possible. which for some 1 like me that is always doing something it's kind of hard. but im trying, and im feeling a little better. im sorry for the comment about you guys not knowing about injuries. but like i said im on some fairly good pain killers which i think makes me do more than i should lol but it's not really funny. thank you for your concern. thanks again

Old 03-05-2006, 09:58 PM   #124
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
(healthcare professionals keep reptiles, too).

Yeah an' we keep em BETTER !!!

Lucille Hollander RN

Old 03-06-2006, 03:07 AM   #125
ladyserpent7
oh lucille youre an RN..couldnt tell from your avatar.......youre prob. a good one too i presume

Old 03-06-2006, 03:52 AM   #126
Vinny D
ohh LUCILLE thats an insult on u keeping reptiles better. im just kidding but at least if you work with hot's you know the right medical treatments. lol

Old 03-06-2006, 03:53 AM   #127
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny D
im on some fairly good pain killers which i think makes me do more than i should
Be careful, that's how injuries get made worse - sometimes pain is a good thing...it stops us.

Old 03-06-2006, 04:26 AM   #128
Vinny D
i know, but i do need the reminders thanks hhmoore.

Old 03-10-2006, 11:56 PM   #129
Rockford
Hey Vinny......What's going to keep you from handling hots again? You have been bit twice in a relatively short amount of time.

I think your behavior is totally irresponsible and "teaching" other herpers of the dangers of venomous reptiles should not be your responsibility just because you have been bitten twice.....

Your whole situation isn't too cool to all the responsible folks that work hard at keeping their hot populations safe.

with all the legislation going on.......all someone has to do is type and click away to find your unbelievably shameful story.....

Old 03-11-2006, 12:27 AM   #130
Tim Cole
Thumbs down My

thoughts exactly!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!