getting " envenomated " can get you ........ - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-11-2006, 12:31 AM   #131
Vinny D
that is a great question.. and i do still work with venomous snakes, the only reason i tell people about my envenomations is to tell and remind them not to be careless, like i was with my 2 bites. i have never been bit handling a venomous snake. i just trusted them which is the biggest mistake's i have ever made. and i WILL NEVER DO AGAIN everyone has their own opinions about me but, i am a responsible hot handler NOW. i have made mistakes and i learned from them. everyone who ask's me a question or any of the reptile semanar's i do, people think im great. my envenomations are in the past now, their is nothing i can do about it. reptiles are my life and have been since i was a little kid growing up in southern florida and that will never change. im going to go to school for biology and get a job at a zoo where i can teach people about reptiles on a expert level, i just need the degree. and i dont mind if people look up my bites. you call it shameful i call it a bad decision. i know ALOUT more about reptiles than many other people my age. i never had anyone teach me about them or show me how to work with them. i did all my own reaserch either in the feild or in books, internet ect..im sorry if my bad decisions make you mad, but their is nothing i can do about that now it's water under the bridge. now i can just look forward to the future and see what great things i CAN and will do in this awsome world of herpetology.. thanks for reading....

Old 03-11-2006, 12:34 AM   #132
Tim Cole
Sounds

like you need a mentor and a spell check key!

Old 03-11-2006, 12:37 AM   #133
Vinny D
sorry i was typing fast.. and what do you mean by a mentor???

Old 03-11-2006, 12:43 AM   #134
Tim Cole
That would

be a responcible and experienced Hot keeper that is willing to take you under his/her wing. To train you in the PROPER handling and husbandry techniques that keep our HOT interests safe from bad press and resulting legislation.

Old 03-11-2006, 12:47 AM   #135
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole
like you need a mentor and a spell check key!
funny - I was going to compliment him on the improvement...you should have seen some of his initial posts.

Vinny,
A mentor is sort of like a tutor...in this case, basically, somebody to show you the right ways of doing things

Old 03-11-2006, 12:51 AM   #136
Rockford
Gentleman.....I think the problem we are having here is Vinny knows everything about reptiles and hots and doesn't need a mentor. It is he that desires to be the mentor for all the rest of us or other new and inexperienced hot keepers......

Old 03-11-2006, 12:51 AM   #137
Tim Cole
Thumbs up HHMoore...

I guess you had to simplify my words for Vinny? LOL

Old 03-11-2006, 03:48 PM   #138
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bthacker
Gentleman.....I think the problem we are having here is Vinny knows everything about reptiles and hots and doesn't need a mentor. It is he that desires to be the mentor for all the rest of us or other new and inexperienced hot keepers......

Old 03-15-2006, 10:56 PM   #139
Junkyard
Vinny, time to take a step back and learn from those who are far more experienced than you. A true teacher is also a student.

Old 03-17-2006, 09:12 AM   #140
Vinny D
i agree with you junkyard. i do not know everything about reptiles. but i do know alout, and i love to teach people esp kids about them. until my old job at a local pet store closed down, i did semanars about reptiles venomous and non-venomous all the time. see i was never educated by anyone. everything i know about reptiles i taught myself. and i read alout of everyones posts here on fauna and i have learned alout from what you guys and say. and im glad that we are on the same page now..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!