getting " envenomated " can get you ........ - Page 18 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-23-2006, 09:57 PM   #171
TomO
Vinny. One of the most telling items for me is your account of handling a coral snake at six years of age (going by memory here, I think I have it right). I may have missed it, but I did not read any accompanying warning for other children to avoid handling venomous animals. This is certainly a teaching point, and you might consider including a warning when you tell that one. I'm sure you are warming up to it, and will get to it eventually, because I am sure that your wisdom and experience tells you to warn against that one more than bragging about it.

Old 03-24-2006, 10:25 AM   #172
Griz
One other thing to remember, Vinny, in writing, apologized to the seller of his viper for kissing the snake on the head and free handling it. Does not sound too much like an expert to me. It's only a matter of time Vinny before the grim reaper decides that he's not going to be nice anymore.

Griz

Old 04-10-2006, 08:22 AM   #173
pasam
everyone who ask's me a question or any of the reptile semanar's i do, people think im great
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
I know this is old thread but I fear for the children he is teaching, they may be led to believe that you can be bitten by a hot snake and be ok. My kids who love snakes I would hope would not go out catching any snakes, the rules are you can not touch any snakes here. In NV we caught Bull Snakes to relocate them so people would not kill them but it is easy to tell a bull from a rattler, we just moved to PA and we dont know the snakes so the rule is set in stone no touching, poking or anything of any snakes. Some kids may think they can be bitten and its ok after a few days at the DR.

For me It just confirms I dont want hot snakes not strong enough for them. This could be scary and he may get a law suit himself.

Old 04-10-2006, 02:10 PM   #174
Rattlesnake
You are correct in your assumption WEBSLAVE.

I find it highly unlikely that any bite from ANY EDB that was not a dry bite would not exhibit any substantial tissue damage because of it.

Old 04-10-2006, 02:47 PM   #175
hhmoore
I can't even bring myself to say it, lol.
I'm being good, Tim.
I deleted my first 3 responses, bit my tongue, taped my fingers together, and moved on.

Old 04-10-2006, 03:15 PM   #176
Tim Cole
Thumbs up I have

been grateful that he hasn't posted for awhile. Maybe he has gotten the hint?
Lets not and move on.

Old 04-10-2006, 06:36 PM   #177
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake
You are correct in your assumption WEBSLAVE.

I find it highly unlikely that any bite from ANY EDB that was not a dry bite would not exhibit any substantial tissue damage because of it.
We covered that one too. There are a couple links supplied in earlier posts which offer evidence to his story. Sorry to say, but things are changing in the reptile world, at a pretty fast rate.

Not that I want to

Rick

Old 04-11-2006, 08:38 PM   #178
Vinny D
First of all i never kissed the bush viper. im not that stupid ok, and im not going to start this again. so why cant we drop it. I havent been on in a while because of school and work and thats why i havent posted." I DIDNT GET THE CLUE SORRY", but i will say. i do know alout about reptiles and again i learned from my stupid mistakes. the semanars i do teach kids and adults about reptiles, and if your not careful what they can do. And i caught that coral snake when i was 6yrs old in kindergarden. i have told you people that im not lying, but i guess you all dont beleve it, so what can i say.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:18 PM   #179
Tim Cole
You've said enough...

To educate people in the PROPER husbandry skills requires you to know and practice them for many years. Doing it wrong does not constitute PROPER experience on your part. Maybe you should partake in a venomous discussion by listening and learning rather than brandishing your mistakes.

Get a mentor and join us in a couple years.

Old 04-12-2006, 12:40 PM   #180
Vinny D
Tim, i understand that, but im not going tell people wrong information. i am all about safty in venomous snakes since my accidents. do you people really think i am that stupid come on really. and like i said i dont have hots or work with them as of now, since im going to school. so why dont we just drop all of this. and talk herps, because i have listned to most of your information. and all the talking down on me is just getting old.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!