Question about Gravid female tang. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-13-2006, 12:15 PM   #1
lizardsister2
Question Question about Gravid female tang.

Okay, two months ago I acquired two shtcs from Emily Cook. They're beautiful, and wonderful, and the female is gravid. Now, I'm still no expert in spotting this, and others can tell much sooner than I can, but I am pretty sure about this one. She's fatter especially on her sides towards her hind legs, and if you hold her up to the light you can see two white masses, one on each side. So, either eggs, or matching tumors. Anyway, she's been noticeably gravid for about 5 weeks now. She has been bred with the male. She has been soaked in warm water. I don't think she's actually egg bound because she looks and acts just great, and the eggs aren't just huge or anything. She sheds perfectly, eats like a pig, very active, doesn't mind being held. So what's taking so long? Is this normal for young females or for first clutches of the season? Is there anything I can do to speed things up?

Old 04-13-2006, 01:10 PM   #2
perefalcon
my female took almost 6 weeks to lay her first clutch, then laid 2 more clutches 2 weeks apart. 2 days ago she laid another clutch, almost 2 months after the last, and they may be fertile, I'm not sure yet. So they can take a while, this was Aaliyahs first year as well, we already have one hatchling from her, the others didn't survive

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!