Bad Guy Mitch Whyte (WHYTEARK) - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-14-2018, 05:19 PM   #71
nickolasanastasiou
Since that is simply a start or the start, what comes after he has been driven into bankruptcy?

Old 02-14-2018, 06:00 PM   #72
Lucille
I think there are two separate issues: Thoughts and feelings, and expression.

I think each of us has dark thoughts at times, perhaps arising from the way we were raised, events that have happened to and around us, etc. One cannot really stamp out a thought that pops up, other than to possibly think about it, deal with it, and perhaps come to the conclusion that it is not really what we want to see in ourselves.

Expression is a different matter. We are in charge of what we say. Some recrimination may be justified if someone expresses a hurtful thought. Mitch has apologized for his expression. It is up to him right now to face his hurtful thoughts and hopefully come to the conclusion that he wants to change how he thinks. If he does, I think onlookers should consider any positive change.

Going forward, his future expressions may show whether he is making an effort to come to terms with what he said.
However, in my opinion, those who have come here and said that they do not care how one person talks to another as long as the critters sold are nice, those people have missed the entire, important struggle of thought and expression. To their detriment, I think.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:40 PM   #73
caffeinecynic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
"Mitch was baited, yes.
Being a business owner means not rising to that bait. It means being above that."

Rarely post here but here's my two cents......The beauty of being a business owner is you can run your business anyway you like......If you choose not to buy from him now because of a left handed comment...don't. If he sells quality animals (which he does), I could care less what he says, I'll buy from him. Also the guy apologized (several times) and your all still berating him. What else do you want him to do? Commit suicide? Would that finally satisfy you? Geez....it's over and done. Get on with your lives............
If you choose not to buy from him now because of a left handed comment...don't.

Don't worry... I won't. I prefer to buy from sellers who, if they by chance lose their temper, are willing to admit they were wrong without excuses. The beauty of this hobby is that there are plenty of options and I won't lose any sleep over adding Mr. Whyte to my "Do not buy from" list.

No one is suggesting Mr. Whyte harm himself. No one is 'berating' him. We are assessing the situation. I think you might want to back away from the thread - you are going to extremes. I would never wish ill on someone - let alone for a moment of weakness wherein they make a statement I disagree with.

Words are just words.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:07 AM   #74
jfburke1983
Well if this about whether he is a bad guy nope. I am sure every person is guilty of calling someone a homophobic slur or said "oh that's GAY" so get off the high horse. And show Mitch the respect he deserves. This post was uncalled for how many people inquire about animals and lose interest? 1st come first serve! That's the rules. This a really weak reason to try to claim he is a bad person. Even with the homophobic remark. If calling him a "sissy" is going to be that bad. What about the Spanish guy that called me a "cracker" and hit me with a rock. For me sissy doesn't hold much weight. He was merely calling him a whiny 😫 b}€£h. In not so many words.

Old 03-20-2018, 12:25 PM   #75
Akiranar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfburke1983 View Post
Well if this about whether he is a bad guy nope. I am sure every person is guilty of calling someone a homophobic slur or said "oh that's GAY" so get off the high horse. And show Mitch the respect he deserves. This post was uncalled for how many people inquire about animals and lose interest? 1st come first serve! That's the rules. This a really weak reason to try to claim he is a bad person. Even with the homophobic remark. If calling him a "sissy" is going to be that bad. What about the Spanish guy that called me a "cracker" and hit me with a rock. For me sissy doesn't hold much weight. He was merely calling him a whiny 😫 b}€£h. In not so many words.
So, having bad customer service, because yes, verbally attacking a customer is exactly that, is not a reason to avoid a seller? Riiiight.

I might not like dealing with certain people who show up at my store and make a mess, but I also don't treat them like garbage.

And yes, if someone starts calling customers slurs in front of me, be if homophobic, racist, or sexist, you damn right I am not going to be dealing with them.

A Maine candidate for state house called one of the victims of the Parkland Shooting a homophobic slur and it ended his career. When you deal with the public, you need to be respectful to them or you are damaging your reputation and that of your job.

Old 03-20-2018, 12:33 PM   #76
Mark M

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!