McCarthy Boa's One heck of a nice guy and a killer product - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-23-2007, 12:41 PM   #1
Jim Gaspar
McCarthy Boa's One heck of a nice guy and a killer product

I'd like to put in a good word for McCarthy Boa's acrylic display cages. These are by far the best units I have seen to date. This includes the displays I've seen that the big names use. The detail in polishing, design, and quality of the units are in a league of their own. They are a bit more pricey then the cheap-o units that are available, but the extra money is worth it. My cheap units were nothing but problems with doors jamming, or not lining up. My old set did not have locks either which was a real drag. The McCarthy Boa's units have locks (and one heck of a sweet looking lock!), are thicker then the competitors, highly polished, and are overall larger then the other brands. You can also order a replacement door if something happens. Try doing that with the cheap units. The doors also glide in the track with ease and they do not get scratched from rubbing on the front of the display. The carrying case is also well built and adds to the display when you place the cages on the them at your table.

I'd also like to add Tom McCarthy was a pleasure to deal with. He truly is a gentleman and goes the extra mile to please you. The only down side is that he does not have stacks of these units on a shelf, and you might have to wait a week or two to get them. In my opinion it is more then worth the wait. I started the year purchasing one set and recently purchased a second because of how pleased I was. My old set now sits under the table holding extra snakes. Remember you sometimes get what you pay for.

Jim Gaspar

Old 12-23-2007, 01:24 PM   #2
Tim Cole
Jim, Thanks for

the heads up on these displays. I went and looked at them and they look good.
I have some of the "cheaper" ones you mentioned and have only had them for 4 months and already having problems with doors hanging up or too loose. Nor are the lockable.

Nice to see you again at SEWERFEST. Hard to believe it's been 22 years!

Old 12-23-2007, 01:35 PM   #3
Damon Theis
I have a set of 3 cases from Tom with carry case and they are the best! You get what you pay for and these are worth every penny. Thanks Tom.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:50 PM   #4
Jim Gaspar
Hi Tim,

It was nice to see you too. Next time you are looking to add a few more displays you now know who to contact.

Next time I hope I have more time to catch up on old times. Damn, seems like yesterday we where out snake catching in the Shawnee.

Take care,

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole
the heads up on these displays. I went and looked at them and they look good.
I have some of the "cheaper" ones you mentioned and have only had them for 4 months and already having problems with doors hanging up or too loose. Nor are the lockable.

Nice to see you again at SEWERFEST. Hard to believe it's been 22 years!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!