BAD GUY JASEN SHAW GLOBAL EXOTICS ARLINGTON TX - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-24-2007, 04:43 PM   #1
allthatslithers
Thumbs down BAD GUY JASEN SHAW GLOBAL EXOTICS ARLINGTON TX

On Friday December 7th we were contacted by Jasen Shaw of Global Exotics inquiring about purchasing large quantities of salamanders at wholesale pricing. We informed Mr. Shaw that we could within reasonable time (We had a few large orders to fill at once) complete his order. On Decemeber 17th we contacted him. Order was ready to go. Agreed on payment and offered him addditional discount due to quantity. Dec. 18th we shipped to Mr. Shaw 162 Marbled Salamanders, 145 Slimy Salamanders, 15 Dwarf Salamanders, and 10 Spotted via overnight delivery DHL. Value $1928.00. Due to mathematical error payment was $2028.00. Our shipment was recieved by Mr. Shaw. We were told Doa's of 9 -Two lined salamanders, 4-Slimy and 2-marbled. for total $44. Plus the overpayment of $100 so total was $1884.00. He asked us initially to credit him $144 on next order. We were notified by DHL via email that payment was sent by Jasen on Dec. 18th. When payment was recieved it was $2000 in money orders and $28 cash. However the money orders were made out to the wrong name and were not cashable by us. SO we immediately same day rushed back to DHL upon notifying him. He admitted bumbling and promised he would have payment back to us by Saturday so that we would have it on time for the Holiday. We also told him to deduct DOA's and overpayment. We have 4 sons, one of which is disabled and had surgery Tuesday. This money was ESSENTIAL for our children's Christmas. We had no reason not to trust him and believe mistakes do happen. Saturday-no payment. We are rural so drove into DHL to check. No payment. Contact Jasen via phone and Jasen says he will instead bank transfer on Monday (today) Christmas eve. Emailed ALL of Jasen's business addresses and tell him that is poor business, payment method will not work for us and payment is now past due. No response as of yet to any emails since Wed. the 19th. This morning via phone Jasen tried again to initiate a bank transfer however this is now an unaccaeptable payment method. We told him he had promised this would be to us on time for Holidays and suggested Moneygram or Western Union. Jasen agreed and said he was going to bank and would call us back. It's been a few hours now. Tried calling Global Exotics. They told us Jasen was out "taking care of stuff." SO we allowed him MORE time. It is now mid-afternoon of Christmas Eve and no response back to messages on his cell phone. We were just told via phone by Global Exotics that Mr. Shaw would be returning to the office in 30 minutes. However he will not answer his cell phone and obviously he will not be moneygramming from their office so i can only assume that once again he is not a man of his word. Even if we recieved payment there is nothing left in stores. I have zero tolerance. As far as I'm concerned Mr. Shaw has done nothing but play games with us. If we do not hear from Mr. Shaw or recieve payment by 5pm I will be filing with Arlington PD. Mr. Shaw also requested individualized invoices for the animals due to Texas law. I told him i would not issue amended invoices until payment was recieved. So-technically he is in violation in that regard as well.
Was just told Mr. Shaw would be back in the office in 15..I wonder if they get tired of lying for him? Miraculous how Mr. Shaw can answer the phone for the office but not us. It is now 4:35...our Christmas is guaranteed ruined and Mr. Shaw is conveniently nowhere to be found.

Do yourself a favour, avoid this guy.
Chuck Clifford

Old 12-24-2007, 05:49 PM   #2
allthatslithers
Jasen and wife have resorted to yelling at us, we're trying to "ruin their reputation" and WE are going to be sued for slandering their good name. We have all our proof.

Old 12-24-2007, 06:46 PM   #3
Dennis Hultman
There was another thread a couple of days ago. It appears that one has worked out. Hopefully this one will as well.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=107093

Old 12-24-2007, 08:02 PM   #4
jsrocket
Either this guy is a scammer, or just plain stupid.

Old 12-24-2007, 08:49 PM   #5
cbchuckwallas
I find this sad... but interesting ?

Hmmmm...Very sorry for you.
I have a post on here also. Just have to see what happens I guess ?
Glad to se that someone else has "zero tolerance" for any kind of crap besides myself.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:34 PM   #6
Serafim
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrocket
Either this guy is a scammer, or just plain stupid.
Id say stupid and add worse than pond scum. Maybe he will shre his side of the story with us..

Old 12-24-2007, 10:25 PM   #7
Keith Northrop
Talking The Aussie who stole Christmas.....

Hahahaha......Whah Whah....my kids wont get a super duper 60" HD Super
charger.....Your margines are little thin..

Old 12-24-2007, 10:28 PM   #8
allthatslithers
well I'll be

Jasen paid via western union for the amount owed. Not on time, but he did pay. Bottom line, do not have deadline.

Chuck Clifford

Old 12-24-2007, 10:29 PM   #9
allthatslithers
Ron

We very much hope it works out for you.

Chuck Clifford

Old 12-24-2007, 10:29 PM   #10
Serafim
Congrats and hope you still have a Merry Christmas

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!