Bad News from Agama International - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
KNOBTAIL
Bad News from Agama International

I heard that Bert passed away. Any news on this !

Old 08-18-2008, 07:51 PM   #2
John E Dove
That would be a terrible loss, I hope that is not so.
You might contact Bobby Hill, I think he would know if anyone does.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:52 PM   #3
kglreptiles
bert langerwerf

sadly, it seems to be true. his son posted on the water dragon and basilisk forum on kingsnake that bert passed away on august 11, 2008 at approximately 4:45 p.m. central time. i'm sure all his friends and the herp community will miss him greatly.

kevin loewengruber

Old 08-18-2008, 07:56 PM   #4
KNOBTAIL
It is unfortunate

my relationship with him goes back almost 30 years. We enjoyed each others company for the past 11 years between Orlando and Datona. What people may not realize is that Bert spoke several languages, and because I spoke Hungarian (limited) he was able to converse everytime we saw each other. He was an asset to the herp community.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:03 PM   #5
SPJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL
I heard that Bert passed away. Any news on this !
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?

Old 08-18-2008, 08:50 PM   #6
Panhead
Bert was not only an asset to the herp community he was a pioneer. A lot of people did not know him or know of him. But he was one of the first people to breed and was responsibe for bringing into the U.S. superworms. As well a captive bred australian water dragons and others. The man was the KING of recycling and outdoor breeding using natural and recycled produces to breed lizards outdoors in a sometimes very cold & snowy (Alabama) state. Bert will be missed by anyone who had the pleasure to meet and know this man.
Bruce Delles c/o Twin Cities Reptiles

Old 08-19-2008, 04:08 PM   #7
Lynn
Oh no.. Not Bert.....He was the best of the best...Godspeed Bert....I am going to miss you.. I have had some great talks with him.. I learned a lot..

Old 08-19-2008, 04:20 PM   #8
Ken Foose
Sad to say that Bert did indeed pass away. I was notified by several others of his passing a few hours after the event. This is a terrible loss to all of us, especially to we who knew him well. I've known Bert for about 25 years, and he's always been helpful and there when I needed him. I understand that Agama International is already up for sale for a large amount of money. It would be nice to see someone buy and take over the operation. I had a large order placed with Agama. Not sure how that's going to work now, but I've held off calling until everything gets back to as normal as it possibly can.
I know that Russ Gurly was working with Bert on his biography, so I'm sure there will be much said about Bert by folks who knew him best in time. For those who don't know, Bert has been battling cancer for some time now, and his passing was not unexpected. He'll be missed
Ken

Old 08-19-2008, 07:19 PM   #9
Tenor Goddess
I never had the pleasure of dealing with Bert or getting to meet him in person. I've heard of him and seen his website as well as hoped to have had the opportunity to meet him at a show someday.

He will be greatly missed. I wish I could have gotten to meet this wonderful man.

Hugs,

Amanda

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!