DTS Herps, Inc...inquiry - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:01 AM   #41
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reid
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Dan, you are not doing yourself any favors You are acting like Chuck, the guy you hate so much.....

Dave
Comparing Chuck to Dan??

There's not much alike about those two....sure, Chuck may be rather outspoken (and even kinda warped) at times, but Chuck has good intentions, and is a good guy. He doesn't want to see more people get ripped off.

Dan, on the other hand, is a self-serving, lying, narcissistic attention whore, and cares about no one but Dan. When he states things like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Scolaro
And 99.99999999 percent of people will buy whatever reptile they need despite the worst reputation on any very bad dealers reputation.
....it's perfectly obvious that he doesn't give a flying what his reputation is like, and he doesn't care how many people he rips off, because he figures there's always more people out there that will buy from him. This is what he's counting on. Everything else aside, that alone should be enough reason to stay away from him. He will continue to post his blather and smoke and mirrors, no matter how many times truths are posted. Dan just ain't right.

Anyhoo....my point is that Dan amuses himself with these threads, and it's really pointless to continue feeding him. Anyone with half of a functioning brain cell can read what's already here and make a well-informed decision about him. Let the threads die, until the next person who has a bad deal with him wants to come along and bring them up.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:27 AM   #42
Dan Scolaro
Cathy, when did I ever lie? I care a ton about my customers and never shipped any unhealthy reptile and have a spotless record of thousands of shipments and never a single legitimate complaint.

If you are dense and lack the common sense to detect that I am mocking the idiots who are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill and having fun doing so, then why did you check the common sense box on your application to be smart enough to comment on the first place.

I mean if you cannot tell I am responding in a method to intentionally yank your chain and the other boobs who attack without knowing the background information, then spash some water on your face.

Think outside the BOI box for once.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:58 PM   #43
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Comparing Chuck to Dan??

There's not much alike about those two....sure, Chuck may be rather outspoken (and even kinda warped) at times, but Chuck has good intentions, and is a good guy. He doesn't want to see more people get ripped off.

Dan, on the other hand, is a self-serving, lying, narcissistic attention whore, and cares about no one but Dan.
Thank you for those kind words Cat.

Warp factor 9......I'm outta here....

Old 08-12-2008, 07:50 PM   #44
raddei3
I have tried not to get involved....

Dan,
Your last post - not true. I recieved two animals from you that had blisters and you sent me a replacement animal for another one you said wasn't doing well. The replacement animal had a respitory infection. Nothing of course I couldn't deal with, but the point is you did ship aniamls that weren't completely healthy and simply said "sorry". And I didn't follow up with you.
I am not condoning any of the ranting and raving of anyone else on this website, but it might be a good idea to be careful of exactly what you do say. Maybe be honest about the fact that you are a large reptile dealer and sometimes it might be hard to guarantee all the animals sold. Having said this doesnt mean you can't make good on these sales people are complaining about. Being in the reptile business for a long time, I understand this sort of outcome is unfortunately something that happens from time to time.
Two of the three animals bought from you are now doing fine - third one died.
Just my two cents for what it's worth and maybe this has already been addressed - I have just started reading some of this thread. If so...

Old 08-12-2008, 08:34 PM   #45
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by raddei3
Dan,
Your last post - not true. I recieved two animals from you that had blisters and you sent me a replacement animal for another one you said wasn't doing well. The replacement animal had a respitory infection. Nothing of course I couldn't deal with, but the point is you did ship aniamls that weren't completely healthy and simply said "sorry". And I didn't follow up with you.
I am not condoning any of the ranting and raving of anyone else on this website, but it might be a good idea to be careful of exactly what you do say. Maybe be honest about the fact that you are a large reptile dealer and sometimes it might be hard to guarantee all the animals sold. Having said this doesnt mean you can't make good on these sales people are complaining about. Being in the reptile business for a long time, I understand this sort of outcome is unfortunately something that happens from time to time.
Two of the three animals bought from you are now doing fine - third one died.
Just my two cents for what it's worth and maybe this has already been addressed - I have just started reading some of this thread. If so...

Ooops! One out of three, that's 33.33% sick animals, hardly the 99.99% flawless transactions claimed...

Old 08-12-2008, 08:47 PM   #46
Dan Scolaro
Mark, when did I send you reptiles and what were they? What had a blister?

Old 08-12-2008, 09:02 PM   #47
Dan Scolaro
Mark, I recall now. It was 2 mud snakes. They were healthy when they departed here per our discussions. They were fresh wild caughts that appeared outwardly healthy without any blisters as seen in the photo nor any resp. I believe you reported developing blisters afnd I extended the guarantee of only live arrival that if anything happend to either or both, I would replace them at my cost. Days/weeks later you reported one died and I sent you another one free at my cost. However the case, do not imply they departed here with any known blisters as I would have not wasted your or my time to ship any wild caught mud snake with a blister starting as it means a short life for them in captivity of it does not shed off well.
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2008, 09:13 PM   #48
David Scarboro
How can you in good conscience sell this many wild caught reptiles? Populations everywhere are declining rapidly. When they are all gone, what then? Do you believe that your actions lead to declining stocks and gene pools? What about your children, and their children? What are you leaving for them? Fast bucks, wow look what I've got, too bad there aren't anymore of them in the wild. How about it Dan?

Old 08-12-2008, 09:21 PM   #49
Dan Scolaro
Mark: And personally, you know from your extensive reptile care experience that these snakes are prone to such issues. And also know we spoke and I did not detect any blister before shipping. My response was not just an apology -I made several calls and coordinated some shipments to get another specimen ready for you. As such, I don't know why you are complaining many months later especially when you should be quite aware that I throw that satisfaction rate just to yank a few folkes chain. It should be obvious to all that in thousands of sales, not all are going to go smooth especially when selling rare and exotic wild caught animals.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:27 PM   #50
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Ooops! One out of three, that's 33.33% sick animals, hardly the 99.99% flawless transactions claimed...
Thats one to many you stupid piece of Crap! I sware I'm getting tired of seeing you post here. Have a heartattack and die soon Please!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!