Why do people....... More..... - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-22-2005, 04:45 PM   #181
Chris@TSE
Let's see just how far the rabbit hole goes.....

Old 02-22-2005, 05:54 PM   #182
riverjop
Austin Stevens!.....makes me want to

I wonder if the general public believes all that fake set-up crap?

Anyway I thought I'd change the subject!....for the THIRD TIME!!!

Old 02-22-2005, 06:02 PM   #183
GeckoPalace
Quote:
Anyway I thought I'd change the subject!....for the THIRD TIME!!!
Lol well discussing evolution seemed more fun than taking pills and calling marcia early in the morning.

Old 02-22-2005, 06:04 PM   #184
Golden Gate Geckos
Right you are, Ken!

Quote:
Lol well discussing evolution seemed more fun than taking pills and calling marcia early in the morning.
ANYTHING is more fun than calling me early in the morning!!!

Old 02-22-2005, 06:08 PM   #185
GeckoPalace
Mabye marcia.... I'll take some pills and call overton in the morning, REAL EARLY. Then i'll take some pills and call you. ok overton, read up on the "hyneeglow" because that will be our main subject.

Old 02-22-2005, 07:21 PM   #186
Bringerofdoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipVenom
All my point is, is that things change and if you breed leopard geckos you can see that everytime you selectivly breed them. All this is , is an accelerated natural "change".
I agree with that. I mean there are people who say the leopard gecko body in captivity is different than their wild cousins. Most people believe its from intermixing the many different subspecies of leopard gecko. Heck any morph and other oddities can be a sign of evolution.

Also, a little known fact to alot of people. 2,500 years ago there roamed an american tiger. Other creatures roamed this land at that time that was scary (The giant sloth and the small face bear comes to mind). Heck some of the missing links in reptiles too roamed the land. Can anyone of you believe there was an arboreal alligator? somehow they evolved into the current aligators that we know of now. (kinda glad for that, imagine a aligator jumping from a tree....)

2,500 years ago was not that long ago compared to 200,000 years of human evolution. This would bring the time to 500 bc, which is not the "stone age" as fabled by alot of stuff. indians of the land hunted and feared these animals.

Reptiles, fish and birds are a good array of evolution too. The fish i was reffering to in my other post was a fish who has 4 fins that have bone in the fins and is related to the first fish to walk onto the shores. Lizards either evolved into snakes or vice versa. Look at monitor lizards and legless lizards. Certain legless lizards actually do have 4 legs, but they did not develop on the outside of the body, suggesting either them losing the legs because of the non-need of them or development of legs. Monitors, come form lands where boa's and pythons are normally found. Which to me explains there more snakelike look the have.

The flightless birds of new zealand and surrounding islands, are another fine example. Thousands of years ago they settled the lands, no other predatory mammals and animals existed there. The only thing that flourished the land was bugs and other things.These birds did not feel threatened no more and spent all their time walking the grounds free and picking at food. Now these same birds have lost the use of these wings. Which is why most are extinct or are nearing extinction now. (IE; the dodo bird)

The platypus is a sign of signifigant changes in evolution. Remember this also exist on a land of other unusual creatures and even marsupials, which only exist in austrailia. Which was pre-mammal, if i recall.

To me all these things suggest that evolution is not fiction, but fact.

Sorry for a another long post, like i said before i read all that i can about evolution and earlier animals.

Oh, and one more thing since my news just reminded me at the end of this post. They have recently found male fish, that carry eggs in ohio...... Mutation or evolution??? Really what is evolution anyways? its nothing, but a mere mutation....

Old 02-22-2005, 07:21 PM   #187
lefty_mussolini
This thread can not be contained by one topic. it is evolving into it's own being. pretty soon this thread will be taking pills and calling all of us early in the morning to talk about evolution and Austin Stephens.

Old 02-22-2005, 07:24 PM   #188
Bringerofdoom
blah, sorry about the type o's.....

Old 02-22-2005, 07:25 PM   #189
Bringerofdoom
LOL trevor

Old 02-22-2005, 07:35 PM   #190
GeckoPalace
The only way this thread would start talking about Austin Stevens is if we were all taking pills. But then again he is my hero.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!