Funny AFT hatching pics...... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-08-2005, 06:16 PM   #1
Sarah H
Funny AFT hatching pics......

This happened last week, I had one baby hatch on Sat and his clutchmate had not hatched yet so I left him there. Well 2 days later the clutchmate decided to try to come out and I think his sibling was trying to puch him back in,lol.
I opened the incubator and the was a nose sticking out of the egg that already had 3 slits in it, and the sibling was nore to nose with him with his little neck going 90 miles an hour. I have to wonder if he was striking at him and thats why there were 3 slits in the egg.

The first pic is after i opened the egg container and he started looking at me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hatch 1.JPG (33.0 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg hatch 2.JPG (96.9 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg hatch 3.JPG (93.6 KB, 112 views)

Old 04-08-2005, 07:13 PM   #2
robin d.
well we know the first one is EXTRA spunky!!!!!
ya know what the funiest things about AFT's?
when they are little and think they are all bad and make that tiny little hissing noise LOL
that cracks me up!!!

Old 04-08-2005, 08:21 PM   #3
progeckos
Cute babies Sarah. It looks like he wants all the camera attention. You’re spoiling your babies…

Old 04-10-2005, 10:44 PM   #4
Gekkonida
Quote:
when they are little and think they are all bad and make that tiny little hissing noise LOL
I agree completely. That has to be one of the funniest little sounds!

Old 04-10-2005, 11:41 PM   #5
leaftail
sarah, is that the same little darling who dug a hole and pushed his brothers egg into it? You better watch that one! lol

Old 04-11-2005, 03:11 AM   #6
Herpcam
Too Funny!

Great looking Geckos, Sarah. Good job with them. How many does that make for the year? Any albinos? Who were the parents?

Keep up the good work?

Old 04-11-2005, 12:27 PM   #7
weswright
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaftail
sarah, is that the same little darling who dug a hole and pushed his brothers egg into it? You better watch that one! lol

lol I love the affies. Good luck with that one!

Old 04-11-2005, 10:13 PM   #8
Gekkonida
You are going to have to give that one a "rough and tumble" type name. Rambo...Rocky... some thing fun!

Old 04-12-2005, 01:35 PM   #9
Sarah H
Haha, thanks guys, He is a really spunky one. Huffed and puffed when I took him out so he wold stop bothering his brother. In fact most of then huf and puff at me, but they will just sit on your hand and not move once you get ahold of them. They are alot differnt then Leos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herpcam
Great looking Geckos, Sarah. Good job with them. How many does that make for the year? Any albinos? Who were the parents?
Hey Rob ,
I am up to 12 so far, 6 from each female. No albinos yet, but i do Have 9 more eggs to go.

Old 04-12-2005, 01:50 PM   #10
Sarah H
"Originally Posted by leaftail
sarah, is that the same little darling who dug a hole and pushed his brothers egg into it? You better watch that one! lol "

Ha no it's a differnt one, I think all mine are all out to get each other.

Here's a pic of one of my oldest ones. Gets really light colored late at night.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (95.5 KB, 39 views)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!