New to the world of Indigo's - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-27-2006, 09:14 AM   #1
Lombax_Dude
Talking New to the world of Indigo's

Hello all,

I've been lurking for a year or more, but I have finally acquired my own Eastern Indigo!! He's a black phase yearling, is eating well, and has already gone through one shed. I have a million questions, but I'm going to try and post one every day or so, to space things out.

My thanks to all who offered advice, especially Tony the Snakeman and Fred Albury!!

Patrick in OC, CA

PS - I would have posted a picture, but nothing I've got was below the 440KB (or whatever the number really is) limit. If anyone knows how to take a photo that will get under that barrier, please share. One of my pictures was 448KB, and another was 800KB, so I have no clue what would make such a huge difference.

Old 06-27-2006, 11:03 AM   #2
thesnakeman
Welcome Aboard!

Hey, thanks for the kind words! I don't get many of those. LoL Some folks think I'm crazy, and kind of an A hole,...and they may be right. But one truth still remains,...I love to help anyone I can with anything related to indigos. Period. Now you must swear a solem oath to never, ever post on the indigo forum at kingsuck.com,...LoL Post all the Qs you want, and get good solid answers RIGHT HERE! Or feel free to e-mail me any time.

As for the pics,...it depends on what kind of camera, and what kind of software you have. You have to go in an reduce the size, save it, and then post it. My camera and software has a number of different issues which sometimes cause my pics to be too big. But if I keep the dimensions below 8"x10", it usually accepts them just fine. I think you just need to go into your picture files, and reduce the size/dimensions.

Who produced your baby?
T.

Old 06-27-2006, 08:54 PM   #3
Lombax_Dude
Another Happy Customer of Robert 'the Bruce'

Hey Tony,

I wanted to buy in California and thereby spare myself all the permits and paperwork, so my options were limited. Robert Seib was in N. Cal, so I couldn't meet him in person, so that left me with Robert 'the Bruce' and Fred Albury. Fred kindly told me I was in line behind about a thousand people, and Robert Bruce was able to deliver a young 'black phase' rascal with a great personality this spring...so my choice was pretty easy.

Thanks again, Robert! He's my No. 2 son, and I think about him every minute!

I really feel for all the indigo fans that have to get papers and wait for months and months! I am blessed, and I know it! Hang in there!

Patrick

Old 06-28-2006, 12:02 PM   #4
epidemic
Welcome Patrick!

And congratulations on the acquisition! I am certain we will soon hear of future acquisitions on your behalf, as I have yet to meet anyone who could keep a single Dry.
If you are storing your photos on your computer and using Microsoft Windows, you should be able to resize any photo you wish to post by opening My Pictures, selecting the photo to be posted, click on the edit pictures tab at the top of your screen, click the "resize" option and change the photo to the desired size using the custom width x height option, just don't forget to save the changes when you make them.

Thank you for sharing,

Jeff

Old 06-28-2006, 08:06 PM   #5
Lombax_Dude
Here is my little boy!

His given name is Midgard...he prefers Norse mice.
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2006, 11:24 AM   #6
epidemic
Great looking-

little guy you have there, keep him well fed and he will be huge before you know it.
Robert certainly has an incredible collection and I look forward to updates regarding your new indigo, as we all enjoy "watching" them grow up. I am sure we all look forward to seeing photos of the next one you acquire too! ;0)

Best regards,

Jeff

Old 06-29-2006, 06:04 PM   #7
thesnakeman
Thumbs up Congrats dude

Now let's have some cigars,...Cubanos!

Robert has one heck of a collection. I have one of his red heads. His name is "Flea." He was very small when I got him, but is now knocking on 6foot's door. And he's only 2 years old. Looks like you did very well. The little feller looks quite healthy, and right where he should be for his age, size wize. Feed him a good variety, and he will thrive, and grow like a weed. You will see an increase in size each time you take him out. You won't believe it.

Now,...we need to get you a female!
T.
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2006, 06:14 PM   #8
thesnakeman
See Jeff?,...I did that graciously, and I didn't flame him even once. Now go drag his carcass in here.

Also, you don't have to be a talented photographer, or buy an expensive rig, I paid less than $200 for my HP,...you just have to take lots, and lots, and lots, and lots of pics. Eventually you'll get a good one. Then delete the crappy ones. Now cmon Jeffro lets see some pics!
T.

This is an edit test

Old 07-11-2006, 11:50 AM   #9
Malamute2k
Hello Patrick

I live in Irvine, CA. It nice to see someone who lives so close to me posting on this forum. I have four Robert Bruce produced yearlings. They are about three feet long and they are ALWAYS hungry.

Send me a PM with your email address and I will send my address to you.

Gary Rotter, Irvine, CA.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!