Mods, I'm curious - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:15 PM   #41
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
So by referring to Mr Frank, and Mr Clark, Wes is being antagonistic??
I hope that I am paying attention the day somebody issues THAT warning...and if I'm not, somebody give me a wakeup call. I would hate to miss the party
Correct,in my opinion he is.
As you can see in the post that he is quoted in a couple of posts up.He uses all lower case letters.Not as you have written it here.
I have noticed this on numerous occasions when he is all fired up.
As for the warning ,why would someone warn a obvious "fishing " tactic.
I for one can understand when i am being baited.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:18 PM   #42
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust
Aww come on, lets call it for what it is. Lack of using caps for names and on and on. Wes does what he does, he plays games and can be rude, crude and crass, he clearly likes the drama and being the center of it. He can also be nice, caring and good with snakes.

Would some of that be worth warning points? Naw, IMO that is just who Wes is and he has outted some bad guys being who he is but I am not going to say that he is this guy with angel wings who is simply misunderstood.
One of the COOLEST things about people and trusting them, telling them things, sharing confidences, listening to problems and offering solutions, sharing the comaraderee of standing side by side while the bullets fly, digging that foxhole and huddling in it together, is when those confidences leak out, squirt between the seams of friendship and shared hardship, when the darts are thrown or the pungee sticks enearthed, when what is shared is then brought out and smeared all around, hither and yon, reinforcing as it flakes and dries, shrinking in the light of day and exposure unprotected, is that you CAN tell yourself, "I told you so."

I TOLD me so.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:20 PM   #43
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher66
I for one can understand when i am being baited.
AHAHAhahahahahHAHAHAHAhahahahahaAHAHAHAhahahahAHAH AhahahAHAhahAHAHAHAHAhahahaHAHaha whoooooo wheeeee thanks for the laugh, and I mean that with all due respect mr. frank, indeed I do, for true for true. chuckle chuckle

I needed that respite from fauna drama and you supplied it MOST excellently.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:32 PM   #44
hhmoore
To be clear - I was not insinuating that he was being sincere & respectful. But the idea of warnings for being called Mr (or mr.) is kinda funny.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:35 PM   #45
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
To be clear - I was not insinuating that he was being sincere & respectful. But the idea of warnings for being called Mr (or mr.) is kinda funny.

Who brought up warnings in the first place??
Ahh...the power of suggestion.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:40 PM   #46
Stardust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
One of the COOLEST things about people and trusting them, telling them things, sharing confidences, listening to problems and offering solutions, sharing the comaraderee of standing side by side while the bullets fly, digging that foxhole and huddling in it together, is when those confidences leak out, squirt between the seams of friendship and shared hardship, when the darts are thrown or the pungee sticks enearthed, when what is shared is then brought out and smeared all around, hither and yon, reinforcing as it flakes and dries, shrinking in the light of day and exposure unprotected, is that you CAN tell yourself, "I told you so."

I TOLD me so.
Oh please....LMAO

Well I have always told you that you are a great writer.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:43 PM   #47
Jim O
Quote:
Who brought up warnings in the first place??
Ahh...the power of suggestion.
The power of suggestion, or the choice of words?
Quote:
And we can could change the word condensending to antagonism very easily.
I'm guessing that the word that you actually meant was condescending. Antagonism of a moderator would, of course, be a warnable offense. Harald is not stupid, and neither are the rest of us who sift through what you write. If you think that you are so intellectually superior that you "suggested" this to Harald then you are very much sorely mistaken.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:43 PM   #48
Laura Fopiano
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisF
I'm more curious as to whether of not people think this is working.

So, mods, I'm curious. Or, if so inclined, people in general:

Do you think the new system is working? IE - better than it was.
I believe that it is giving Webslave some time away from the kiddy table and allows him to focus on other issues. I am unsure if he gets less whine-o-grams than before, but I can tell you that I have received some lovely comments.

As far as Wes goes....No I am not intimidated at all. I have also issued warnings to him. Wes and I are friends and friends will disagree from time to time.

I also agree with some of the other mods here. If I see a post that warrants points and some have already been issued, I try to look at the topic as a whole, the post and then poster. Obviously profanity will not be tolerated, however, some of the topics lately have been more hostile than the norm, tempers have flared and insults slung.

I as a mod, prefer to present myself as firm but fair, not only as a representative of this sight, but in this industry as a whole.

Old 05-25-2007, 05:45 PM   #49
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
The power of suggestion, or the choice of words?

If you think that you are so intellectually superior that you "suggested" this to Harald then you are very much sorely mistaken.

No not at all jim-o.
I have no reason what so ever to be disrespectfull to Harald.
Its to bad you cant see my humor .

Old 05-25-2007, 05:49 PM   #50
Stardust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
I believe that it is giving Webslave some time away from the kiddy table and allows him to focus on other issues. I am unsure if he gets less whine-o-grams than before, but I can tell you that I have received some lovely comments.

As far as Wes goes....No I am not intimidated at all. I have also issued warnings to him. Wes and I are friends and friends will disagree from time to time.

I also agree with some of the other mods here. If I see a post that warrants points and some have already been issued, I try to look at the topic as a whole, the post and then poster. Obviously profanity will not be tolerated, however, some of the topics lately have been more hostile than the norm, tempers have flared and insults slung.

I as a mod, prefer to present myself as firm but fair, not only as a representative of this sight, but in this industry as a whole.
I couldn't agree more with what you said. There are times when multiple warnings are appropriate and there are times when it just is not.

You are also right, it give Rich some time to do some of the things he needs/wants to get done without always having to check here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!