Pricing Question. Sharp Albino Female. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
Wildman09
Pricing Question. Sharp Albino Female.

Just wondering what the value should be around for a breeding sized Female Sharp Albino boa..

Might be picking one up but would like to know an average "Current Market" value, I've searched ariund and can't find any prices..

Thanks people.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
Wildman09
Cool, thanks for the info.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
Scooter1685
People ask about pricing on snakes relatively frequently, and are always given the same response. I suppose that's why nobody has responded; it's all been said before.

The price depends on the animal. It depends what bloodline it comes from, coloration, pattern, etc. Baby sharps typically seem to go for around $250-400 depending on those factors, and the few females I've seen recently of breeding age and size have been up for $500-900. The range of potential prices is significant and the value is often determined, at least partially, by individual characteristics of the animal.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
Scooter1685
As an example, a 2007 male sharp was posted for sale on kingsnake classifieds yesterday at $600. URL is here: http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.p...154&de=1013245

Old 11-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #5
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter1685 View Post
People ask about pricing on snakes relatively frequently, and are always given the same response. I suppose that's why nobody has responded; it's all been said before.

The price depends on the animal. It depends what bloodline it comes from, coloration, pattern, etc. Baby sharps typically seem to go for around $250-400 depending on those factors, and the few females I've seen recently of breeding age and size have been up for $500-900. The range of potential prices is significant and the value is often determined, at least partially, by individual characteristics of the animal.

that is also why I didn't reply. It depends on the animal's looks (color, pattern), bloodline (where it came from, tracability), etc plus there has to be a buyer in the market for such. Typically female boas will command a higher price than males, but again, it really depends on if there are any buyers. The best advise I can give is to try to find any in the market and base your price on that, I understand you cannot find any to compare to, so use a price you're willing to let the animal go for or a bit higher than that and say OBO.
good luck.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!