Cookie Fails - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2020, 05:04 PM   #1
Lucille
Cookie Fails

I wanted to make some of those jam thumbprint cookies. But after I had made the dough I decided that I didn't want to go through all the rolling of the little dough balls, chilling, thumbprints, and all that. So I dumped the crumbly dough onto a cookie sheet, dropped spoonfuls of strawberry preserves and used a butter knife to spread the preserves like frosting.
They definitely did not turn out like cute thumb print cookies, they are sort of crumbly and not very presentable. I could not invite the Queen of England over for tea and cookies right now with these cookies but I hear she has her hands full right now anyway.
But they are extremely delicious!

Preheat oven to 320

2 sticks butter left out until soft
1 cup confectioners sugar
Cream together until fluffy
Add: 2 tsp vanilla, 1 heaping tbsp sour cream or sour cream powder, 2 egg yolks
2 cups flour
Mix just until combined, dough will be crumbly
Dump dough onto large cookie sheet. Spread it around and then pat it down.
Drop spoonful of strawberry preserves on top of dough then use butter knife to spread around.
Bake for 18 minutes. Bake time is crucial as the dough has butter which can burn so don't get on the internet and look at sale pages

Take out and set to cool. Sprinkle with 1 cup confectioner's sugar. Cut into 1.5 inch squares.