Betta Fish - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Fish and Aquatics > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Fish and Aquatics.

Old 05-20-2004, 12:34 PM   #1
Josh4330
Betta Fish

I have had a male betta for close to two years. Recently he has been laying on the bottom not moving for long periods of time. Is this Old age or erratic behavior?
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2004, 01:04 PM   #2
jenn_jeffery
Probably old age--I've had some do the same thing, or lay in a 'V' of plants to support themselves with. Their lifespan is on average 2 years....

Old 08-01-2004, 01:23 PM   #3
6chickenlane
Question

do you think that a betta would eat baby guppies?i have a betta and i was thinking of getting a male a female guppy and then selling the babies as food for other fish.

Old 08-01-2004, 01:28 PM   #4
6chickenlane
Question picture

how do you put pictures up?i have never known how to put pictures up on websites.can somebody tell me how?

Old 08-01-2004, 01:50 PM   #5
6chickenlane

Old 08-01-2004, 01:53 PM   #6
6chickenlane
oke2:

Old 08-03-2004, 08:30 PM   #7
Devious_bunny
Yes, bettas love to eat any baby fish! and live bearers are excellent sources of food. I always keep a female betta in with my platies to keep the population in check!

Old 08-27-2004, 08:22 PM   #8
mouse
i just bought a betta and was wondering if i can put it in with my regular fish or if i can get a small tank (2gallon bow tank) and put a male and female betta in it? somebody told me even male and femal would fight - unless i put 3 females in with the male.
i right now only got a male betta in a betta tank.
my regular tank got pleco, fantail goldfish, upsidedown cat, cory, 3 other fish and 2 fish that look like my pleco but have whiskers.

Old 08-27-2004, 09:41 PM   #9
jenn_jeffery
I wouldn't advise putting the betta in your reg. tank. He would go after the fantail goldfish if not some of the others.

You can easily keep him in a bowl by himself, or with plenty of hiding places, put him in with a few females in a 2 gal or larger tank. Be sure the females have a place to hide, and if you see him picking on them any, pull him out. The females would probably be ok in the reg. tank should you have to seperate them out.

Old 08-28-2004, 12:15 PM   #10
Devious_bunny
NO! you cant and should most definatley not keep a male betta with any number of female bettas, unless you plan to breed them. a two gallon is way two small for three or four of any species of fish, never mind one that has a reputation fo tearing its own kind apart. females can however be kept with a few other females, just no males! I've been breeding these guys for a while and even in a 10 gallon tank, the female gets pretty torn up over the 3 days the males and female are together.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!