Need help with Pacman Frog!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 10-05-2005, 08:18 PM   #1
Gonzalez2293
Talking Need help with Pacman Frog!!!

Well does anbody know how to cure my sick pacman frog?Its tongue is swollen so its just sticking out it cant eat or do anything. Please Help!!!

Old 10-05-2005, 10:17 PM   #2
Rebel Dragons
I am 99.9% sure that the tongue is not swollen. What happen is that your frog prolapsed it's stomach.

I have seen this happen twice and you have to act quickly or your frog will chew on it's stomach until it kills itself. Even though it is it's own stomach, all the frog thinks is that it is food.

You will need to bring it to a vet that is experienced handling frogs. The stomach will have to be pushed back into place using your fingers.
Or you can do it yourself, if you feel comfortable enough to try. It easily goes back into place once all if it is back down it's gullet. It's possible that it will prolapse again shortly after but you just have to push it back into place until it stays. Be sure to wear gloves while doing it. The frog WILL chew on you while your doing it and it HURTS. Depending on your frogs size it can break the skin. If successful in getting it back in place wait at least 2 weeks before feeding it again and only feed it a pinky. From there work your way up back to it's appropriately sized food items.

And just so you know. Pacman frogs will prolapse their stomachs while regurgitating food items that were to big for it. If it is a large frog that is eating adult mice or rat pups be sure to crush the skulls. They have a hard time breaking them down if they are not crushed..

I hope that helps???

Old 10-05-2005, 10:57 PM   #3
Gonzalez2293
well i have a picture to show but i dont know how to post it though do you know how, if you do tell me please.

Old 10-05-2005, 11:23 PM   #4
Matt Haines
In your reply box there should be an "insert image" button that will allow you to place a photo in your reply. However you must first have the image hosted online via a website such as your own(if you have one), photobucket, or any of those numerous sites that you can upload pictures to. If you are still unsure as to how to accomplish this then you can email the photo to me at yashiro@optonline.net and I will gladly post the picture for you.

Old 10-06-2005, 08:06 PM   #5
Gonzalez2293
Talking Need Help with Pacman Frog!!!

Got a picture of my frog check it out
http://photobucket.com/albums/b390/Gonzalez2293/?action=view&current=pacmanfrog2.jpg[/IMG]
Look closely around the mouth its the purple thing
Thanks Matt Haines for the tips on posting a picture!!!

Old 10-06-2005, 08:07 PM   #6
Gonzalez2293
Talking Need Help with Pacman Frog!!!

Sorry Go Here

Old 10-06-2005, 09:16 PM   #7
crotalusadamanteus
Yup! that's what it looks like to me.
Have you gone to the vet yet, or tried to push it back in like Mike suggested? If he keeps chewing it, he will injure himself.

Ciao,
Rick

Old 10-07-2005, 12:59 PM   #8
Rebel Dragons
With a frog that size you will want to use your pinky. You could use the rounded end of a ball point pen but it is hard to feel when to stop if you use that.

You need to take care of it as soon as possible. If he chews on his stomach and lacerates it. He will most certainly die.

On a side note. What are you feeding him and how often?

Old 10-07-2005, 06:22 PM   #9
Gonzalez2293
Unhappy Need Help with Pacman Frog!!!

Well thats a good tip but my frog died today at 3:00 pm

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!