is usark over stepping its rights by proposing rules for states without asking us - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Laws, Legislative Issues & Alerts > General Legislative Discussions

Notices

General Legislative Discussions Any general discussion concerning legislative issues or events. Not necessarily specific to a particular region, or even a type of animal group.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:57 PM   #21
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneynboalich View Post
for all you that think these rules are a great idea why dont you go a head and get your reptiles pit tagged and let me know how they do afterwards. let me know about the cancer and tumors and low to no futility rates. let me know how you feel when state kicks in your door and finds one empty water bowl and confiscates your whole collection. and when they confiscate your animals they dont find them homes they put them down.
Rodney,

One can read another members posts from the most recent, going back. I just read a couple pages of yours and you seem fairly abrasive to everyone even though topics vary.
I'll be happy to continue here if your style becomes more reasonable.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:03 PM   #22
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Rodney,

One can read another members posts from the most recent, going back. I just read a couple pages of yours and you seem fairly abrasive to everyone even though topics vary.
I'll be happy to continue here if your style becomes more reasonable.
you mean more reasonable to you and your opinoins right. why dont you tell me your opinion on micro chipping which is what usark recommended

Old 11-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #23
rodneynboalich
we are in trouble as and industry if the consensus is its a good idea to have and organization like usark so they can propose laws like having 8ft bans and micro chipping and so on

Old 11-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #24
rodneynboalich
how do you people not realize that this is the beginning of the end if we stand for it

Old 11-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #25
Mister Internet
Sometimes, when I'm trying to properly study something and make sure I understand it completely before I start offering my opinion on it, I turn on a light to help me see better. Everyone knows you can't study without a good light. Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer 100-Watt incandescent bulbs. When you bring a strong, vibrant 100-Watt bulb to bear on an area of information like this, things get really clear and easy to understand.

There are times, however, when you are surprised by circumstances and find yourself having to assess the information in the light of a 40-Watt bulb. It's hardly ideal, and it almost always results in an unclear and mistaken interpretation of the facts. Unfortunate situation that it is, sometimes it's better to simply stop whatever you're doing until your bulb gets brighter.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you really want to understand a situation like this properly, don't ask the guy with the 40-Watt bulb.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #26
AngryEd
I take outstanding care of my collection. There is no way I could afford to microchip them. I am also unsure what that is supposed to do anyway? In 20 plus years I've never had a snake escape my house? Anyway, this whole thing has me worried for where we are headed.

I do think the key is trying to communicate. I have a lot a of concerns and worries, however I know we should be trying our best to show a united front!

Old 11-17-2011, 04:29 PM   #27
rodneynboalich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Internet View Post
Sometimes, when I'm trying to properly study something and make sure I understand it completely before I start offering my opinion on it, I turn on a light to help me see better. Everyone knows you can't study without a good light. Call me old-fashioned, but I prefer 100-Watt incandescent bulbs. When you bring a strong, vibrant 100-Watt bulb to bear on an area of information like this, things get really clear and easy to understand.

There are times, however, when you are surprised by circumstances and find yourself having to assess the information in the light of a 40-Watt bulb. It's hardly ideal, and it almost always results in an unclear and mistaken interpretation of the facts. Unfortunate situation that it is, sometimes it's better to simply stop whatever you're doing until your bulb gets brighter.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you really want to understand a situation like this properly, don't ask the guy with the 40-Watt bulb.
that wasnt helpful

Old 11-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #28
DiamondCreek
What part of "compromise" is so hard to understand? USARK is fighting outright bans. Their proposals are seen as a compromise to prevent bans. Do you want a ban? I don't. I've recently gotten into retics and have spent some hard earned money on future breeding stock. I don't want to see that come to naught because there is a ban. Safety standards and micro-chipping beat a ban any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:32 PM   #29
ldydrgn
I am going to copy what I had posted on the FaceBook thread:

Rodney... The "proposed legislation" is something they have put together to use in those cases where HSUS has talked the state into an outright ban... like Ohio is doing right now. You have to ask yourself: Do I want an outright ban or do I prefer they put some legislation in place to ensure we can still keep what we want even if it means I have to register and tag my animals?

Odds are the state isn't going to just drop the whole deal with HSUS breathing down their necks. If they can talk them into dropping the issue without the "proposed legislation", then great, that is what they will do. But if they can't, this is the compromise. If it comes between a ban and a compromise, I'll take the compromise. USARK is doing what they can to help us.

It seems he believes that USARK is trying to get their proposal enacted in ALL states. This isn't what they are doing. He also seems to think that all reptile keepers within each state should be consulted as to what they want. To which I replied:

And that isn't a realistic view. Do you know how long it would take to consult everyone? Not to mention that all opinions are going to differ. It would take forever! There needs to be some kind of outline in place that they can use when these emergencies arise. It's certainly better than doing nothing at all and letting the law just trample over us.

Why don't you contact all the reptile keepers in your state and consult with every one of them? Get your own consensus.

None of us want laws restricting what we can keep. But if it comes down to it, what USARK proposes is better than a ban. It is the lesser of two evils as April said.

Old 11-17-2011, 04:34 PM   #30
DiamondCreek
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneynboalich View Post
yeah i got in a fight with andrew wyat on his facebook page about it. he really didnt answer r any of my questions. so its on here now for everybody to have their say
I've read that thread. He did answer you. You are being too stubborn to realize you got an answer. The legislative proposals wait in the wings to counter a ban. If there is not a call for a ban, the proposal will not be pushed forward.

Why is that so hard to understand?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!