Bad Guy Bobby Hill - Varnyard Herps: Buyers Beware. - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:41 PM   #81
chongorojo
This is sad.. its not that difficult to apologize and let your customers know their are no babies.. ok your dirt broke, understandable... really it is. BUT I'm sure everyone of your customers would give you time to satisfy your agreements in some way. No one wants to hate you for ripping them off and not talking to them but what other option have you given them?

Old 08-22-2012, 06:50 PM   #82
Suncoast Herpetological
Bobby has demonstrated his disdain and lack of interest in resolving this issue by his silence over the last couple of weeks.

It is obvious to me that the individuals that have been left hanging with deposits unrefunded (not to mention that poor Irish guy that is out several hundred stolen dollars) may as well consider themselves screwed.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #83
Lucille
I think the Irish guy got most of his money:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish-SiMurphy View Post
A member here who wishes to remain anonymous has taken it upon themselves to give me $850 of their own hard earned money.. I cannot believe this unbelievable show of generosity and want to thank them so much as the money is really needed at the minute.

There really are some very good people out there and this person in particular is living proof... I wish them the very best of the IRISH luck and every success in the future.

As for Mr.Hill who should have been the one to refund me my own money i hope by the 12,000+ views to this thread you see that this is not the way to conduct business in the future.

All the best
Simon

but I think others are being left without refunds. I had hoped Bobby would have shown up and said something about what is going on. But it has been a while, I don't think that is going to happen.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #84
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I think the Irish guy got most of his money:

but I think others are being left without refunds. I had hoped Bobby would have shown up and said something about what is going on. But it has been a while, I don't think that is going to happen.
I missed that post. Glad to hear it. The others are still victims though

Old 09-10-2012, 02:57 AM   #85
todeyius
Thumbs down

Varnyard Herps is a complete scam.

I placed deposits down in March for a male red tegu and female extreme giant. In early July when I later discovered all these stories about bobby and 2011 red tegus, I called him to make sure everything was going to be fine. He said that he had extra red breeding pairs going this season and that he was 100% certain he would have a red tegu for me. He said the eggs were already laid, and that my red tegu was in a clutch scheduled to hatch of July 16. He said my extreme giant female had already hatched, but he was waiting on the red to hatch so he could ship them together. On July 18th I called him to check in & left a voicemail. The call was never returned. I have since heard from other people that he did not produce any reds.

Looking back on it all, I believe he knew up front that he would not have any reds, and sold one to me anyway. During our initial call he sounded a little shady when talking about the reds, and kept trying to sell me on an All American. I was dead set on a red though.

Complete scam. I don't throw around accusations lightly... but this is a complete scam.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:09 AM   #86
Fangthane
Yet another satisfied customer...

Not that it's going to help you get your money back, but you should post whatever payment invoice you have. Just for posterity, and to show how bobby "legitimately raped" yet another person's bank account. Not sure about whatever statute of limitations there may be for PayPal claims, but if you happened to use PayPal, and paid either with a credit card, or by a debit from your bank account, there may possibly be some recourse to dispute the charge.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:30 AM   #87
Ed Clark
Was the female extreme giant ever shipped to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeyius View Post
Varnyard Herps is a complete scam.

I placed deposits down in March for a male red tegu and female extreme giant. In early July when I later discovered all these stories about bobby and 2011 red tegus, I called him to make sure everything was going to be fine. He said that he had extra red breeding pairs going this season and that he was 100% certain he would have a red tegu for me. He said the eggs were already laid, and that my red tegu was in a clutch scheduled to hatch of July 16. He said my extreme giant female had already hatched, but he was waiting on the red to hatch so he could ship them together. On July 18th I called him to check in & left a voicemail. The call was never returned. I have since heard from other people that he did not produce any reds.

Looking back on it all, I believe he knew up front that he would not have any reds, and sold one to me anyway. During our initial call he sounded a little shady when talking about the reds, and kept trying to sell me on an All American. I was dead set on a red though.

Complete scam. I don't throw around accusations lightly... but this is a complete scam.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #88
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
Not sure about whatever statute of limitations there may be for PayPal claims
Disputes must be filed with PayPal within 45 days, you then have 20 days to escalate your dispute to a claim. This is why most recommend using a credit card if there is any expectation of a delay in shipping (waiting for animals to hatch, for babies to start feeding, shipments to arrive, etc)

Old 09-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #89
todeyius
It was not. I eventually bought only a red male from Ty and gave up on trying to get ahold of Bobby completely.

There are a ton of people on tegutalk right now in the same boat also. I got to this BOI link from one of the many 'Where the hell is my varnyard tegu' posts.

On a side note, the red I got from Ty is awesome. Great buying experience.

As requested, a cut and paste of my paypal transaction details is below. Only editing is that I changed the last 4 digits of CC and bank account to XXXX. Note that it was for only $225. I don't know how that adds up, or if he cut me a deal because I ordered two or whatever. I think a red deposit + giant deposit should be 125 + 175 = 300, but 225 is what he invoiced me for. I guess he has adding problems also.

Sent to:
bobby hill (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
Email:
twoteals@yahoo.com
Amount sent:
-$225.00 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
-$225.00 USD

Date:
Mar 29, 2012
Time:
19:25:46 PDT
Completed

Subject:
bobby hill
Note:
1 Female Extreme Giant Tegu 1 Male High Contrast Red Tegu
Funding Type:
Instant Transfer
Funding Source:
$225.00 USD - Bank of America Checking (Confirmed) x-XXXX
Back Up Funding Source:
Visa Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Old 09-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #90
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
Was the female extreme giant ever shipped to you?
Meant to include this in my previous post - since Bobby claimed the extreme giant was already hatched, I'd be especially interested in seeing any communication explaining why it couldn't be sent. Of course, that would require admitting that he couldn't provide the paid for red tegu...which would in turn require an immediate refund - neither of which seem to be forthcoming from Bobby.
I didn't much care for Bobby, after some of his antics here; but I - like many - had him pegged as honest and good intentioned. I've expressed my disappointment in these developments before, but I can't help but say it again. This is just sad.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bobby hill, tegusforsale.com, varnyard