Bad Guy I was SCAMMED by Joe Oswald - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:14 AM   #41
ozzie_1978
You guys are ridiculous, this is why I don't get into it on the internet. Read the ad, individual pics BY ID available at the link. You can only post like 4 or 5 pics here so there's no way to post all 70 or so I have for sale at the moment. I have offered to pay the guy back, i don't know what else you could want from me. Good bye!

Old 08-06-2018, 10:19 AM   #42
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie_1978 View Post
i don't know what else you could want from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBoas View Post
We agreed on a picture ID, confirmed genetics, agreed on the price, but the wrong snake arrived. I pointed out why I felt the snake was not the same, he became defensive and argued that it was. Joe also claimed the pic ID we agreed on was only a couple of weeks old and that the snake in question was the only snake there for the last 6 months which is why he knows it is the same snake.

Supporting Details:
We agreed on the details (ID and genetics) in Facebook messenger, then he blocks me on Facebook in the middle of trying to resolve the situation, he then texts me and says we never agreed on an ID, only genetics. Not sure if he thought blocking me would hide the messenger messages, but it didn't. The pix I attached show the evidence of Joe's Bait and Switch deception. I have several other pix but can't load everything. There is also a thread started in FaceBook on 'Boa Constrictor Keepers' discussing this situation with additional snake pix showing the differences, but the deception is clear with just the few I attached.

I hate being the one that has to post this drama, but no one should have to deal with this and everyone needs to be careful with Joe.

Joe, if you would have just apologized for the misunderstanding, maybe because you were under the weather or something, we could have handled this. There was no reason for you to attempt to lie your way out of it.

Respectfully,
Chas
You could have apologized and not tried to lie your way out of the issue, like your buyer requested.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:49 AM   #43
Lucille
Quote:
I have offered to pay the guy back
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBoas View Post
Joe,

I would like to. PayPal advised me to sit tight until it is resolved.
I am sure once the dispute is final, that would be the logical thing to do.

But u keep going back to “I didn’t know what I want.” I got THE snake that I paid for. The snake in the pic doesn’t match what u sent me. U are still blaming me. That doesn’t make sense. I wanted the snake in the pic we agreed on. U keep deflecting from that part of the topic. Everyone agrees they don’t match.
And your buyer looks like he will take you up on that offer once PayPal is finished. Cancelling a PayPal claim is a bad idea for a buyer unless they actually have a cash refund in hand. But part of what the buyer wants is the truth, not for you do verbally dance around and claim that the buyer didn't know what he wanted. The agreement was clear, and you violated it, but you persist in trying to escape culpability.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:12 AM   #44
GotBoas
Come up? Joe, I wanted to send the snake back but your statements continue to contradict themself and deflecting the facts. I wasn’t comfortable sending the snake prior to a refund because you lied to me while we were discussing it. I don’t plan on getting a come-up, I just want a refund.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:17 AM   #45
WebSlave
From the original post showing the conversation, notice how "he" and "his" is being used in reference to the animal being discussed for purchase? That indicates to me an individual unique reference, and not a group reference. In my opinion, it is pretty clear that the buyer was engaging in a purchase of the individual unique animal shown in the photo, and nothing else. There is nothing provided in the discussion that would lead a reasonable person to assume that the photo was of a generic sample and not of an individual unique animal being offered for sale.

If a mistake was made, it is pretty clear to me that the mistake was on the part of the seller, not the buyer.

IMHO, of course.
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2018, 11:22 AM   #46
GotBoas
S- Queen,

I will post more pix when I get home tonight.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:29 AM   #47
Lucille
Quote:
Read what I have said several times genious
I believe this is what any buyer who has issues with a sale can expect from this seller. I asked a simple question that could have been answered here with a yes or no, and I asked several times: Does this seller still have the snake that was originally agreed upon.
The seller has continued to avoid a definitive answer, relying on redirection and snark.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:36 AM   #48
ozzie_1978
For what? I already said I would pay you back. I realize what happened now and it was my mistake. A MISTAKE, not a bait and switch or any other kind of SCAM! I have never scammed anyone and up until now I have had no issues with anyone who has purchased from me being unhappy. When you sent the picture and we were talking about it I didn't realize you had grabbed the one off the main part of the ad. I didn't go into my available album to make sure which one was left. That's why we were talking about a "him" because I only had one male left from the litter. It was my mistake and I apologize. I was in the hospital high on dilaudid about to have surgery. I argued about it being the same one you received because I knew I only had one left but when I post the ad on this site I have the 4 pics I would normally use set aside in a folder. Again, I apologize and will give you a full refund.

Old 08-06-2018, 11:37 AM   #49
ozzie_1978
I answered you, the one I sent him was the last one from the litter. What does that mean in english? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old 08-06-2018, 11:45 AM   #50
bklynsfinest312
That is all you had to say from the beginning and this would of ended right away.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!