UPS Shipping Rates - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-19-2004, 04:29 PM   #1
Storm55
UPS Shipping Rates

Does anyone use UPS to ship animals? Is it just me or have their prices jumped? I used to be charged an average of $35 - $40 per shipment but lately I have paid more. I understand that the fees depend on variables such as distance and vicinity of shipment centers, but as a whole, it seems as if they have increased fees. Has anyone else noticed this? I have had to pay from $45 as high as $60 this past season. I use next day air by 10:30AM. It's getting to the point where I may begin looking for another carrier service. Any comments or references to other companies would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Jackie

PS- I breed and ship LEOPARD GECKOS and I am interested in the opinions of others who also breed and ship LEOPARD GECKOS, therefore I believe the LEOPARD GECKO forum is an appropriate place for this topic.

Old 09-19-2004, 06:00 PM   #2
gmherps
I just noticed the same thing.
For me to send a 5 pound box from Tx to Iowa will now cost me nearly $50 for NextDay Air.
The same box size and everything would cost me $25-$33 3-6 months ago.
I guess I'll be shipping with Fed Ex real soon.

Old 09-19-2004, 09:16 PM   #3
chondrokeeper
the same is happening with airborne (DHL). Except it happened earlier this year. The crappy part about it is people buying don't seem to want to pay shipping as of much lately. I keep getting e-mail replies from ads with people asking if I'd take just the list price for the animal shipped, not the animal plus shipping. What sucks is I still charge $40 even though most of my shipments are now costing me $47+. This topic's been discussed before and I still stand the same. It's the cost of doing business when purchasing boxes etc, but when it comes to shipping cost, I feel it's the buyers duty. Whenever purchasing a $50 gecko or a $1,000 green tree python, I as the customer am always prepared to pay for shipping as well.

Chris

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!