how often do i feed my baby beardies crickets - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 01:06 AM   #1
mybestfriendsaturtle
Question how often do i feed my baby beardies crickets

I'm new to the bearded dragon world, and I've been trying to figure out how often my babies, Sydney and Darwin, should get crickets.. I've been getting alot of conflicting information from the internet and the petstore. Help?

Old 07-19-2011, 01:47 AM   #2
Cache Reptiles
2-5 times per day- as many as they can eat in around 10 mins. Also, veggies once per day! Good luck

Old 07-20-2011, 07:19 PM   #3
Hillybean
And with the veggies, they may eat them and they may not. They crickets and soft bodied worms when small are the important thing. Offer veggies and greens daily though.

I offer mine a fresh "salad" two to three times a day.All three of mine aren't big salad eaters, so I hope that by keeping it fresh they will be more likely to eat . They sometime pick at it..

Just thought I'd share that info.

Old 07-20-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
Cache Reptiles
Instead of just putting a bowl/plate of veggies in with them, try dropping 1/4-1/2" "lettuce squares" (roughly) over them. As the veggies bounce, they start going after them. Haven't had a baby dragon refuse veggies while using this method. The babies I've got now started munching on veggies at 2-3 days old!

Old 07-20-2011, 09:16 PM   #5
Hillybean
Thank you I will try that!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bearded dragon babies., feeding help