I've got EGGS!!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-27-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
Matt2979
I've got EGGS!!!!!

Can't believe I still have no ball python eggs in my incubator yet, as that's what I've bred a lot of...but I've already had a litter of boas on 1/30/11--first in a LONGGGGG time--and now I have bearded dragon eggs--first EVER!!!!

Can anyone tell me how long I should give the momma to get of her eggs? Poor thing looks dead-tired, and I'm not sure if she's done laying, or just taking a break.

I've done my research and prepared for everything. Incubator is at 82, and I'm about to get my vermiculite mixed while I give her a little more time. As much research as I have done on this, I'll still gladly listen to any good advice that experienced keeper/breeders have to share!!

Here are some pics of Sunshine and Clyde (Bonnie's not old enough yet!! lol). Thanks for looking!!

Sunshine (New Momma!)

Clyde (New Daddy!)

Exactly 4 Weekends ago

A few minutes ago!!

Now I've got to go and check on this gal and see if she's finished. I'll get more pics!!!

Old 03-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #2
Beardiefreak26
nice i might have a person ready to buy the whole clutch

Old 03-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #3
Tere Salazar
Congratulations, Matt! And good girl, Sunshine!!!! She definitely deserves some waxworms or something after all that work! Do you have an egg count yet?

Remember to give her a nice warm bath. She's bound to be very dirty...and very thirsty. Great job!

Old 03-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tere Salazar View Post
Congratulations, Matt! And good girl, Sunshine!!!! She definitely deserves some waxworms or something after all that work! Do you have an egg count yet?

Remember to give her a nice warm bath. She's bound to be very dirty...and very thirsty. Great job!
Thanks!! She's still lying on top of the ones she laid. I was afraid that they would dry out so I covered them up with a moist vermiculite mixture. If she's still like that in a little bit, I'll just go ahead and put her in a bath. Since she's still on top of them, I can't get an accurate count, but I think I see at least 15. Could easily be 20 though!

Old 03-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #5
Tere Salazar
Oh, how exciting! Poor girl's probably wiped out. If she tries to cover them up, let her. You'll be immensely entertained, I promise. They use their noses as we would a shovel to pack the dirt in. It's adorable!

Old 03-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #6
angie.h
She should come out and bury them on her own when she's done, they all do. She should be left until shes done....you really don't want to disturb her. She can lay FAR more than 15....I have one that laid between 31-39 every clutch. Even my first time girls usually lay 23-27 or so.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:27 PM   #7
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tere Salazar View Post
Oh, how exciting! Poor girl's probably wiped out. If she tries to cover them up, let her. You'll be immensely entertained, I promise. They use their noses as we would a shovel to pack the dirt in. It's adorable!
As of right now, she's still lying pretty much as I left her half an hour ago. She looks SO pitiful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie.h View Post
She should come out and bury them on her own when she's done, they all do. She should be left until shes done....you really don't want to disturb her. She can lay FAR more than 15....I have one that laid between 31-39 every clutch. Even my first time girls usually lay 23-27 or so.
Thanks for that! I was thinking that I should probably get her out, but I'll leave her and make sure she's done. I feel like I should spray some water on her face or something. She just looks beyond exhausted!!

How big are your "first-timers", on average. This girl was right at 475 a month ago when I bred this pair. She hasn't eaten very much all month, but I've been giving her liquid calcium just about everyday during this time.

Old 03-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #8
angie.h
It's been many years since the first, but most average between 385-450 [ guesstimate] my bigger girls were in the 500+ range.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:27 PM   #9
Matt2979
Final egg count is 28! Sunshine is WORN OUT!! She enjoyed a nice warm bath. After getting a good drink, and washing off the mud, she got a dose of calcium and is tucked in for the night. I can't believe that many eggs (bigger than I thought they'd be) came out of her!!! Poor girl...but she done good!!

And special thanks to Tere and Angie, both!! Without y'all to talk to throughout the process, what was a very enjoyable experience could've been a LOT more stressful. Thank you!!

Old 03-27-2011, 09:58 PM   #10
Tere Salazar
You're so welcome, Matt! And 28 eggs? OMG! She must have hidden a bunch of them from you! Way to go, Sunshine!!!

Well, congratulations! Now, the wait begins.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!