I've got EGGS!!!!! - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-05-2011, 03:05 PM   #41
Matt2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tere Salazar View Post
I'd put her back in her room for a bit, offer her some snacks and maybe a nice, warm bath. And don't forget the bubbles this time!

Yes, I am joking about the bubbles, but the bath might help move things along a bit. While she's in the bath, you know how they sometimes suck their bellies up? When she does that, feel her belly. You should be able to feel if she's got anything in there or not.
Well, I put her in a bath a little while ago (bubble free--lol) but she wasn't seeming to enjoy it. Started acting like she normally does when she's ready to get out, except this time she started doing it very soon after I put her in.

When I got her out, to put her back in her enclosure, she started thrashing around and acting like she wanted to bite me (has NEVER shown any aggression to me!) and I was afraid that I had stressed her out. She's back in the lay-box. I already knew that she was full of eggs, but you weren't kidding! It's MUCH easier to feel them when she was flattened out!!!

Old 05-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #42
Tere Salazar
Hehe. See how that bath works? Got things moving so much that she HAD TO GET IN THE BIN RIGHT NOW!!!!! Hopefully that did the trick. We actually had 2 different girls that, as soon as we put them in the bath, they laid their eggs.

I'm glad you could feel her eggs and hopefully she'll get started soon.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:50 PM   #43
myksbs
I'm sorry if I'm butting in on the thread, have quick question. I'm on day 48 of my first beardie clutch, some of my eggs were collapsing a week and a half ago! Is it possible that too much humidity can make them collapse? Temps r 83 to 84 and humidity is at 75%. Any info would b great! I'm freaking out here,! I shined a flash light on them today and did see vein/bloodvesals?

Old 05-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #44
Matt2979
I don't mind you asking questions here! It's what we're here for. Unfortunately, I can't offer much help, as I'm just a few days behind you with my first clutch. I, too, have had some eggs go bad, but I never expected all of them to make it. In all honesty, I've not measured my humidity inside the tub itself, but I'm guessing it's over 90%. I did have to add a little water about a week or so ago (being very careful not to get any on the eggs, nor over-water the vermiculite).

Old 05-05-2011, 04:00 PM   #45
Tere Salazar
Well, I'm pretty sure you're not butting in...but try this. They are getting close to hatching, so they will start to collapse a little bit, sweat, and turn more soft and see-through-ish (not sure what to call it). But you may want to try adding some water to the substrate to see if they perk back up, or if it's truly just that they're getting that close to hatching.

I would think too low of humidity would cause early collapse, not too high....but it sounds to me like you're real close to hatch time.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #46
myksbs
Thanks! I'm so use to Live birth with snakes, The eggs seem soo small! Anyway I could email u a pic or u can post it for me? My computer is down, I'm using my phone. Can't upload pics on here, can only email them.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:34 PM   #47
cahac
Thumbs up beardie eggs

matt,
my yellow girl is filling up again too and starting to dig away. hopefully she will lay in the box this time. she should be about 3 days behind yours.
i have a regular cat litter type tub inside a 4ft cage that was not in use.
my orange female will be a week later when she starts dropping again, so i will just change places with them after the first 1 lays her eggs
cliff

Old 05-05-2011, 10:37 PM   #48
Matt2979
Good luck with those Cliff. Have you thought of using a bigger tub so that she cannot get out and lay in her enclosure? I just got a 35 gallon Rubbermaid and clamped a lamp to keep her warm while she's in it.

Figured that when I got back in from dinner this evening, I would have lots of buried eggs, but so far only a single infertile one. Looks like a full-size egg, as opposed to a slug, but I could find no veins by candling it. It's soft and squishy, and more yellow than what I got in her first clutch. Hopefully I'll have a good count in the morning!

Old 05-06-2011, 08:05 PM   #49
cahac
I Have 2 different sizes of those tubs,1 size is about 18" tall and 12" tall 1's. Yellow female don't like them at all,goes nuts trying to get out of them. she is a whole lot calmer in the type she can get in and out easily. She seems to be ok with this setup I have her a hide box in the cage and she has spent most of the day in it digging and scratching then comes and digs in the tub for awhile maybe ready to lay tonite. i will keep tabs on her.
cliff

Old 05-06-2011, 09:20 PM   #50
Matt2979
Well, I'm officially getting worried about this girl. When I got home last night, I only had the one slug/infertile egg. Today she dug a lot, but nothing. Once I started to put her in a warm bath and she reacted violently, puffed her face and made her beard dark. After a few minutes of letting her calm down, I attempted again. This time she whipped me with her tail and I chose not to stress her anymore. I'm sure she can't be comfortable being picked up!

As of now, she is still in her lay box, but just going to sleep (it's that time anyway, but I'm also sure that she's worn out). I know snakes can become eggbound. How likely is it for beardies?? Of course I'm asking this on Friday night; my vet won't be back 'til Monday!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!