my female ready for breeding?! help! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #1
emericanz
Exclamation my female ready for breeding?! help!

hey im new to the breeding scene and i was wonder if this beautiful girl i rescued is good n ready to bring some babies into the world! and i love her to death since when i was told bout my family friend having her i went to see her and her cage was horrible and she was under weight and just unhealthy ive brought her to regain her color and be 100x healthier than she was when i found her. i know in breeding the female can be hurt and damaged some times little nips are fine but i want to make sure shell live another ten yrs after i breed her

and please realize it does not matter to me if shes ready to breed or not id rather her be healthy before i do any of this to her otherwise i can always wait for her to be ready.

she weighs 342g's and is 17in long and is a supposed 3yrs old. but tends to be lazy but has some energy at play time she takes off like crazy and is fast! and i love her to death since i found her in such a way.

so here is some pics of her. let me know what you guys think! and i know shes not a normal but cant figure out what morph so i decided to call her an ember (also her name).
and my 20inch male is right next to her
Attached Images

Old 07-08-2011, 10:04 PM   #2
beardies r us
she is definitely big and if she is starting to dig in her cage definitely ready

Old 07-08-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
Beardiefreak26
i say go for it

Old 07-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #4
emericanz
ok well i tired to have them in the same cage for only 30 mins and they were being extremely aggressive with eachother, her being the one starting it then he just latched onto her no big damage done but i think im just going to let them see eachother twice a day for an hour at a time so they are not to hostile with one another.

any input on what i should do

Old 07-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #5
Hillybean
I don't know much on breeding dragons yet..but in other animals, a neutral cage normally helps, and making sure the cage is big enough for two dragons.

In some other animals (mammals, birds, etc) increasing/decreasing the amount of sun exposure/heat can help in getting the female ready/more responsive. Make sure her diet has calcium... Other than that they might have to date a while , and during that time hopefully one of them will begin courting the other.

Sorry, if this isn't much help..Like I said I have no experience or done any reading on breeding yet. Just care and genetics..

Good luck, and if it works out..post pictures of the babies/eggs!

-Hilary

Old 07-09-2011, 06:14 PM   #6
beardies r us
mine were very agressive at first but i put a screen imbeetwen them and then they got used to each other

Old 07-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #7
beardies r us
mine were aggressive at first but i put a screen in the middle of their cage until they got used to each other

Old 07-09-2011, 06:55 PM   #8
Cache Reptiles
One day together, two days apart. Put them female in the male's cage, and within 2-3 weeks you should be able to start feeling eggs.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #9
Matt2979
When I first paired mine at the end of Feb, the female about ran the male off. After watching them very closely for awhile, I realized that not only was he going to hold his own, but would become the aggressor. Almost exactly four weeks later, she laid her first clutch of 28. Four weeks ago yesterday, that clutch started hatching, and I'm currently waiting on clutch #5 so be ready for LOTS of eggs/babies!!!!

Old 07-09-2011, 08:21 PM   #10
emericanz
yea they were very aggressive and im just gonna move both tanks next to each other and have them see each other out of the cage everyday but a little amounts of time while building up then eventually they'll be with each other for a week etc.

1 hr together then 2 then 4 then 8 etc etc thanks for the help guys! and good job on the babies! cant wait for these two to have some!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!