Killing the messengers.... - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #81
Chris Kindred
I think the BOI needs to be redone... I admit, I have popped off a few times on there, and I was banned for a short time. no problem. I do have a problem being threatened to be banned again for simply asking how much someone would like for a snake they weren't happy with. Just trying to help the other person recoupe some of thier loss... Trying to be nice... If someone posts a picture of an animal, and someone else remarks nice snake or something, isn't that the same as asking how much? I understand why this is frowned upon, as the BOI post becomes like reading a novel. but you continue to allow other people to argue back and forth about he said, she said nonsence, which also makes the post extremely long and really off the main topic... The moderators, who are doing their job, are turning people off of Fauna by what seems to me to be a really petty thing, considering what else is going on in the BOI forum. May I suggest that you pick your battles, and try to be a little more friendly and professional.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:17 AM   #82
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kindred View Post
I think the BOI needs to be redone... I admit, I have popped off a few times on there, and I was banned for a short time. no problem. I do have a problem being threatened to be banned again for simply asking how much someone would like for a snake they weren't happy with. Just trying to help the other person recoupe some of thier loss... Trying to be nice... If someone posts a picture of an animal, and someone else remarks nice snake or something, isn't that the same as asking how much? I understand why this is frowned upon, as the BOI post becomes like reading a novel. but you continue to allow other people to argue back and forth about he said, she said nonsence, which also makes the post extremely long and really off the main topic... The moderators, who are doing their job, are turning people off of Fauna by what seems to me to be a really petty thing, considering what else is going on in the BOI forum. May I suggest that you pick your battles, and try to be a little more friendly and professional.
Quite simply, the BOI isn't the place to discuss that aspect of sales/purchases...that sort of thing is for the classifieds. If one wants to express an interest in something outside of the classifieds, it should be by PM (email, visitor message)
As fast as the reference to being banned, I looked at that warning - I didn't view it as a threat...I considered it a reminder that you had accumulated points, and that you should be more careful (as in try to function within the rules/policies so you don't get banned again).

Old 07-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #83
hhmoore
And, no, "nice snake" is not the same as "how much do you want for it?"

Old 07-19-2012, 12:56 AM   #84
WebSlave
Quote:
Nope. Sorry, but I disagree. If someone displays an animal or merchandise in a BOI thread that you are interested in, take it to PM with an offer. That is not the place to then engage in any sort of sales negotiation. If the fact that we are trying to eliminate that sort of fluff from the BOI is "turning people off", then I guess that's just tough noogies. My guess is that it is only the people getting infractions for such shenanigans who are getting "turned off". The biggest complaint I have heard about the BOI is that there is often too much irrelevant posting made there. Which is EXACTLY what a sales negotiation would be classified as in that context. Saying that this is the same category as people engaging in a conversation related to the topic issue of the thread with "he said, she said nonsense", is in itself COMPLETE and TOTAL nonsense. That is what the thread is there for. It is not there as a sales pitch (not if it wants to remain on the BOI) and neither should anyone solicit sales there.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #85
KelliH
Ah yes, the Karma.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #86
serpentz
I think this is a great idea, im fairly new here, and I love the website, and I have delt with an individual whom had bad guy threads here, and what I took from those posts was exactly wat this site was meant to be for. information, I went into my negotiations with all information from this site and I had a good experience, that is all this site should and can ever be, ppl don't need to be attacked or insulted because they have delt with someone whom others say they shouldn't. and in regards to infractions and warnings for the personal attacks and childish writings, let me ask a question, when ur a child and u do something bad your parents give u a time out, when u break a law, u get arrested, so why when you harass and verbally attack someone on the web do you assume no liability for your actions, this site is simply doing what society is lacking these days, individual accountability for your words and actions. and I love it, and should the mods deem this post frivolous or wrong by all means I expect to hear about it. that's my dollar fifty. because I said way more then 2 cents lol

Old 04-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #87
serpentz
Quote:
question for you sir, I have no knowledge of what you are referring to except for what has been posted here, but I ask you a question, you were in fact not banned for wht you asked, so it was essentially a warning. how else are you to know that you should not be doing that unless a moderator informs you, also once again just saying how does society deal with repeat offenders? harsher punishments correct, so if the mods see someone constantly breaking their rules ( all theoretical) you must expect them to have less patience dealing with that individual, and I agree to a point with the he said she said stuff, but as long as they are presenting new information or proving a point, it seems alright, but these new rules seem to be in place to eliminate exactly what you are saying is wrong, if ppl act unprofessional or childish the mods will be dealing harsher with it. sorry for the rant here, I just understand what its like to have a less then popular job to do, and there mod jobs are pretty thankless, you must admit. anyway cheers from canada

Old 05-31-2014, 10:48 PM   #88
RDLinATL
I had a similar situation happen where I went against the bandwagon, albeit not in a BOI thread. I stated my point with a single comment, some people rebuttaled with good advice, some not so good. I rebuttaled with one subsequent comment. Afterwards I was sent a PM where we explained our sides in a professional manner and I was able to elaborate on some of my rhetoric.

It all went down very smoothly with both of us expressing our concerns, stating our points and clearing a few misconceptions. All this without turning into a flame war, getting completely off topic, and wasting away valuable space for more informative information on the subject. The system works very well if you know how to use it and stay level headed. I'd like to think this process is what the fauna team had in mind when opening the BOI to everyone.

Old 02-26-2017, 03:20 PM   #89
Caledonia
Take Back The BoI

I think this sticky needs to revisited and reemphasised to a lot of the BoI "regulars". Some many of the folks there are helpful in a nonemotional, non judgemental, polite but not naive manner there are quite a few that are constantly on the hunt for someone to beat up on.

There have been many threads over there recently that have been less than constructive and respectful and it is because of the manner in which some people decide to interact with others.

This kind of behavior is allowed to slide by quite frequently and I think it is because the demeanor has slowly taken a turn down a slippery slope and rudeness has simply become somewhat common instead of the exception.

I see unmoderated profanity getting thrown around over there more frequently with every thread. I see the OPs getting dragged through the mud by the tenth post before they can provide a single response to valid questions. Condescension and disrespect are running rampant and are going to ruin this fantastic place where folks come to voice concerns.

The BoI is clearly the most active place on the classifieds and this draws everyone in. Everyone wants to be part of the action and some folks do not care how they get their attention. They goes for OPs and responders alike.

I don't know how it gets done, but the BoI needs to be taken back to the unemotional, logical, respectful, informative place it is intended to be.

I'm sure this post will generate a handful of negative comments from certain folks that love kicking others around and Im sure I will incur some more negative karma from this post but frankly I don't care. I have more interest in starting a conversation about fixing a problem on a board I love than making friends.

We are all better than this and the BoI should be reflective of the best segment of this community rather than what it is currently showing.

Old 02-26-2017, 05:05 PM   #90
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caledonia View Post
This kind of behavior is allowed to slide by quite frequently and I think it is because the demeanor has slowly taken a turn down a slippery slope and rudeness has simply become somewhat common instead of the exception.
Or, maybe you're just a bit of a habitual whiner, whose opinions rarely reflect that of the vast majority of the site's other members. I have a feeling that that likelihood hasn't occurred to you. You'll undoubtedly latch on to my statements as just more invective coming from one of the 'regulars' who you believe feel some innate need to create senseless drama; but I suspect a great many others see us regulars as people who simply call it like they see it - likely appreciating our candor and the desirable results that have consistently come from knowing which buttons to push to lead to the truth. You want to try to hold everyone's hands and lead a round of Kumbaya, you're free to do so. Those of us who've noticed how typically useless that is are also free to try to actually accomplish something more useful with our posts.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!