Opinions on pricing - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-03-2015, 09:54 PM   #1
MurdocksReptiles
Opinions on pricing

Need some opinions on a fair price for a few different snakes.

2009 T+ Argentine Female (prooven breeder)

2015 Bloody Albino Male & Female

2015 Albino 66% Het Blood Male & Female

2015 Blood 66% Het Albino Male & Female

2014 RDR Black Eyed Anery

Just asking for opinions of a fair price

don't have to answer all, i appreciate any opinions given.

THANKS!

Old 03-09-2015, 08:46 PM   #2
MurdocksReptiles
anyone?

how bout i throw out some numbers and you tell me if I'm hot or cold.

09 T+ arg 1900 shipped

15 bloody albino male 9k shipped

15 albino 66% het blood 1750 shipped

15 blood 66% het albino 1750 shipped

14 RDR Black Eyed Anery 350 shipped

Old 03-10-2015, 06:32 AM   #3
chrisis697
Personally seems a lil high, just my opinion tho. Only have a few boas in my collection but do a lot of window shopping, haha. Have seen some pics of your animals & they are beautiful. Good luck

Old 03-11-2015, 09:42 AM   #4
MurdocksReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisis697 View Post
Personally seems a lil high, just my opinion tho. Only have a few boas in my collection but do a lot of window shopping, haha. Have seen some pics of your animals & they are beautiful. Good luck
Curious if you could be more specific?

The T+ arg I figured is worth double that of a baby due to her being breed able and veryyy desirable.

The bloody albinos are the cheaper then other males that I could find for sale.
Couldn't find much on the possible hets but from what I remember that seemed right.

And the RDR is a really good gene for potential. Just doesn't seem to sell much at all. And I don't know if I should drop my price and make other breeders angry or keep the price the same and hope things turn around and start selling.

I don't mean to go on the defensive when you tell me I'm high on prices. Just trying to explain where I got my numbers to see if you can tell me where I'm off.

Thanks!

Old 03-12-2015, 12:54 AM   #5
Durante
I might be the wrong guy to answer (you might want to skip straight to the darker sentence below) since my boa's were purchased at higher prices due to some genetics when I honestly didn't have any intentions on becoming a breeder & basically got them to serve the purpose of a pet that I found to be a little more attractive. That being my case, I'd rather take a baby to raise but know this hobby turned into a industry where it's become a big business for many. I even used the possible potential offspring if ever breed later with exaggerated value while talking with the wife just so I was allowed to add another snake though, so your point on 09 female Argentine is probably valid.

They might not be available 24/7 but everything you have came from somewhere so I'm sure you could dig around a couple other sites to compare prices & then adjust it based on your opinion of quality, desired traits, rarity, etc.

My best, most favorite snake ever owned was once an old, under weight, badly scared normal. She was squeezed in a dirty 30 gallon aquarium with nothing more then her past sheds & basically given to me be the pet store because "she was mean & no one even inquired about her for months". I would trade a snake that cost me 15 times what I paid right now to have that exact snake back. I've seen cheaper prices & personally think that even if the hets were 100% the price is a little steep considering the value of the babies in a market a few years from now when & if they breed. The bottom line is though it doesn't matter what me, your co-breeders, or anyone else has seen or thinks, they are yours for you to charge whatever you want or think is fair. Certain situations can change things for you but hopefully you'll find someone they hold the same worth too before that happens.

Old 03-12-2015, 12:17 PM   #6
mxracer4life
Go with your gut. If you price too high, you will hold on to them longer until you lower the price, if you price to low, then you will feel like you got taken. Just don't be greedy, these are living, breathing animals. Best of luck!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!