Strange Spider behavior - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-07-2008, 08:56 PM   #31
hhmoore
Bo did not start this thread, Mike.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:56 PM   #32
xanaxez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post
They do function and thrive Bo - They're not the only snake around with genetic issues either - You would not have started this thread if you were already aware of the spider issues - I've had a few over the years with varying degrees of behavior at different times - They are a very cool morph in my eyes.

I am still in the group that believes they all got a little something going on, however also believe that this comes and goes at varying levels for some reason unknown ?

Did you buy yours as a pet or to breed ? And now that it's exhibiting disturbing behavior, what will you do now - It's quite possible down the road that your snake will cease in showing this behavior

I'm no vet, scientist, expert, or anything like that by no means, however my view is that this behavior comes from something that stimulates or excites them - Once this becomes commonplace, they seem to chill out - That is till something new and exciting comes along and triggers a new expression of varying degrees - No one period has the answer we are looking for.

Spiders Rock...

Best of luck to you and yours
lol i guess you missed the entire issue as to why i replied. i did not reply abotu the issues or genes of these snakes i simply replied to your remark. the way you put it and made it sound like was as if you didnt care about there gentic issues and so forth it comes across more liek as long as they function and thrive thats all that matters is like saying as long as they can produce and money can be made thats all that matters. maybe your intentions wasnt to mean it like that or come across that way but to me and to a few others that did post back on that statement that is how it came across to us. i have studied up on the spiders and i am very aware of the genetic issues they have and i am looking to pick one up for my collection. now with that being said i do not own one as of yet and i do not intend on breeding one when i do get it, i just want one for my personal collection. i am in no way a breeder just a small time collector for my personal pets/reptile collections. if your statement was not to mean it the way it comes across then i am sorry for the mistake of thinking that is all you see in the poor animals is money.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:57 PM   #33
Mike P.
Ok I'm getting old and have been alerted to the fact that I was not responding to the OP - My apologies to whom I offended in any way, however this does not change my opinion on the subject at hand - Thanks for the heads up jayefbe via karma - Your a dick too lol

Old 11-07-2008, 09:13 PM   #34
Mike P.
My Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Bo did not start this thread, Mike.
I now know Harald - The mind is slipping away fast lately, and the thread took off without me - My public apology to you Bo

Old 11-07-2008, 09:16 PM   #35
xanaxez
no appoligies needed. we all have personal opinions. i too am also sorry for attacking your statement it just came across to me as you didnt care about the animal in general more liek as long as it can thrive and produce then thats all that did matter. it came across liek it was more about the money and i am sorry if that wasnt what you meant. i mean no disrespect.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:35 PM   #36
jasballs
Every spider has it to a degree.. But so do I.. and you all love me! So whats the big deal??

Old 11-07-2008, 10:01 PM   #37
Mike P.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasballs View Post
Every spider has it to a degree.. But so do I.. and you all love me! So whats the big deal??

We do love you John - Did someone get our Karma accounts crossed as you are 3 digits in the green, while I am in red here lol - There must be some mistake

Old 11-08-2008, 12:45 AM   #38
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasballs View Post
Every spider has it to a degree..
Its good to see someone else acknowledge it.

There are some that will say it does not exist because they are trying to sell spiders.

Its been common knowledge for a long time.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:09 AM   #39
TrulyRare
I'm lucky so far and My spider hasn't started doing this trait. I just hope he doesn't in the end ....

Old 11-08-2008, 09:56 AM   #40
Jerry_c_62
The spider I have had no hint of any problem when I picked her up just over a year ago. However since then it does show some signs of a slight wobble. It seems to come and go but she always seems to have a head tilt.

Is that something others have noticed along with the wobble?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!