Help needed. Returning unwanted money order. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:07 AM   #1
texasnewbie
Question Help needed. Returning unwanted money order.

Basically...

I was considering selling to someone. We discussed deposits etc at about 5pm on the 2nd. In the early hours of the 3rd, she started to change ALL details of the deal, and wasn't happy when I said I was only going to sell under the original discussed terms and that she shouldn't send a deposit to me, and if she did I would have to send it back to her.

Just now she has replied to a different classified of mine saying "I sent a deposit. Why are you still advertising her?" The classified is a separate one and includes zero details/ pictures of the kitten she had wanted.

IF she did send a deposit after I told her not too, where do I stand?
Do I return the original money order and get the letter signed for, so I know it gets there (What if she says it didnt/ or was empty) Do I cash it and use the exact same money to send her a money order in her name, so that I can check online, to see its been returned/ cashed.

I have never dealt with a person like this before and I have never dealt with money orders.

What would you do?

ETA. I've kept all emails, just in case she turns nasty because I refuse to sell to her.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:58 AM   #2
hhmoore
Depends on how she sent the original money order...
If a signature is required, you could simply refuse the shipment and have it returned to her. If no signature is required, I would suggest returning it with a signature requirement on delivery (so you have proof it was received).

I see absolutely no benefit in cashing the money order, then purchasing a new one - she could argue that cashing the money order was an acceptance of the deposit & the last described terms. Once you cash it, you have her money....she doesn't have it back until she cashes yours.

Personally, I don't think it matters a whole lot whether she sent the payment before, or after, you told her not to - her waving money in your face is just an offer - you still have the right not to sell to her, so you choose whether or not to accept it. For that matter, if you have accepted a deposit and the customer starts changing terms, you can still refund that deposit and decline the sale.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:01 AM   #3
texasnewbie
So just refuse to sign for the letter if its a signature is required. If not send it via signature required. I'll get a proof of postage at the post office as well.
I've never dealt with money orders before and never been put in this situation before.

Thank you Mr Moore.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!