Jungle? or Hog Island - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-29-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
amw422
Jungle? or Hog Island

Just got this boy in last night, came in a "misc lot" if you will... corn snakes, rosy boa, albino red tail, ball python and a king snake... none the less, the guy I got him from says he is Jungle boa, however I really want to say he is Hog Island... either way he is a gorgeous boy, need to get him to calm down a bit, still a bit on the jumpy side but gorgeous. Just really not sure on the jungle.
If anyone could weigh in that would be great. I will be posting in the corn snake, king snake and rosy boa area too as I know nothing about their morphs lol.
Attached Images

Old 09-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #2
mxracer4life
I don't see any jungle or hog island there, but from what I can tell in the picture you got a hypo boa. Nice looking one too.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
JPCBoas
looks like a nice hypo. No Jungle or hog

Old 09-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #4
amw422
Thanks guys... I wasnt a hundred percent on what he was, but was also pretty sure he wasnt a jungle.
Now my ignorance is going to shine... what exactly constitutes a hypo? Originally I had plans (prior to getting him in, and thinking he was a jungle) to breed him out to an albino down the road, however I am no longer sure that is a possibility with the new genetics.

PS if I say I paid $40 for him would that mean I got a good deal?

Old 10-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
Durante
Quote:
Originally Posted by amw422 View Post
Thanks guys... I wasnt a hundred percent on what he was, but was also pretty sure he wasnt a jungle.
Now my ignorance is going to shine... what exactly constitutes a hypo? Originally I had plans (prior to getting him in, and thinking he was a jungle) to breed him out to an albino down the road, however I am no longer sure that is a possibility with the new genetics.

I dont believe you will prove out anything breeding an albino to a jungle or hypo (in this case hypo) unless maybe it's a het albino. If it is a het albino your probably better off with a hypo because I think you could get sunglows too.

It would of been cool to know exactly what your getting but from just looking at him I would say you did good at $40.

Old 10-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #6
JPCBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by amw422 View Post

A hypo is a reduced melamine(reduced black but not lacking it)
If you breed him to a albino and he proves out het for albino you will produce sunglows, albinos, hypo het albino and normals het albinos. If it doesn't prove out you will get hypos and normals 100% het for albino.
$40 is a good price.

Old 10-05-2013, 01:34 AM   #7
suzuki4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPCBoas View Post
A hypo is a reduced melamine(reduced black but not lacking it)
If you breed him to a albino and he proves out het for albino you will produce sunglows, albinos, hypo het albino and normals het albinos. If it doesn't prove out you will get hypos and normals 100% het for albino.
$40 is a good price.
melanin.

Melamine is a type of press board

Old 10-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #8
JPCBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki4life View Post
melanin.

Melamine is a type of press board
Sorry spelled it wrong
a codominant mutation (in boa constrictors) where the animal lacks varying degrees of melanin, or black pigment

Old 11-01-2013, 03:12 AM   #9
viper69
That's not a Hog at all. I own one, and have seen many, no way. Pretty snake though!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!