Misting systems - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-23-2005, 11:04 PM   #1
pcfreak
Misting systems

I was looking into misters and have a few questions. Is Mr. Moisture a good mister. I was also looking into the habba mist(a lot cheaper)made by zoomed and wondering if u can connect a hose to it?
thanks,
Jacob

Old 06-24-2005, 12:50 AM   #2
Dave W.
Howdy,

Skip the Habba-Mist unit.
Buy the: http://www.pro-products.com/promistproducts.html

From the Site:

"The Pro MistTM PM-60 micro fine misting system includes an electronic plug in wall timer with memory backup, transformer, Pro MistTM model PMP-60 low voltage pump, 25 feet of suction/nozzle supply tubing, 2 Pro MistTM model PM-MNH micro fine misting nozzles and all hardware necessary to complete your custom installation."

"(PM-60) ProMistTM PM-60 micro fine misting system without reservoir. $179.95 "

Mister Moisture Pro might also be a choice. Skip the non-pro unit. There may be reliability issues with the smaller Mr. Moisture pump.

I'm using a Pro Mist supplied pump and happy with it.

I burned-out several of the Mr. Moisture pumps that were made by FloJet.

Old 06-27-2005, 05:22 PM   #3
Matthias
or if you're feeling DIY you can put together your own system (with directions and not that hard) that baskinglizards came up with.

http://www.baskingwonders.com/index.php?cPath=24_39_46

Old 06-27-2005, 09:30 PM   #4
Dave W.
Howdy,

Another Do-It-Yourself mist system si:

http://www.trix.com/binx/mister/

Ignore the software code and just use a sprinkler timer like the other posting shows. I built my first misting system using the pump-up bug sprayer and sprinkler timer. Where things didn't work out so well was that I like to run twice a day for 20 minutes. Even though it only used about 2 quarts of water, it used up most of the pressure in one day, as I recall. I wasted a lot of time and money experimenting - it's in my nature

Of course, I'm still tinkering with my final (?) solution. It uses a 300W Hydor in-line pre-heater to warm up the water to about 90F just before and during the misting. I still use the sprinkler timer and valve, but as a bypass to help flush out the cold water still in the lines from the last misting. And I now mist three enclosures instead of one. So that is 6 quarts a day total. The PM-60 pump works fine whether is is one nozzle or a bunch.

Old 06-28-2005, 12:15 AM   #5
pcfreak
I want to get the habba mist because its cheap and its going to be used for a small cage...i think mr. moisture and cloudtops.com would kinda be overkill for a small cage.
Thanks,
Jacob

Old 06-28-2005, 01:59 PM   #6
Matthias
if you want to use the habba system, your choice, but i just finished my enclosure about a month ago and the information i read on the habba system was that it was noisy (some sort of low buzz) and dripped more than misted. i'm not sure exactly where i read these things, but here's one link, at least.

http://reptileforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9117

best of luck.

Old 06-28-2005, 02:52 PM   #7
pcfreak
thanks

Old 06-29-2005, 09:18 PM   #8
Mad_1234
Habba Mist

I use habba mist for my Uroplatus cages and it works great. It is cheap and it and works very well for 1 cage. I think it would definaltly be a waste to go out and buy one of the expensive ($150+) misting systems if your just going to use it for one cage when you can get the Habba Mist for $30.
-Matt

Old 08-05-2015, 01:43 PM   #9
blackandblue_lulu
Does anyone know where I could find an installation guide for the PM 50?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!